Sponsored

Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2?

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I saw this on the updated order guide that was published today. It calls it "Optional", but Lariat, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor have it as required for Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0. That doesn't really bother me, since I've never used that feature in my current Lariat, nor any other car I've owned that had it. Maybe this is a way of saving chips (modules)? Also, there's a note about Halogen headlamps for XLT 302A, Lariat 500A, and Lariat 501A, but they are late availability.

Ford F-150 Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2? 1647365010006

Ford F-150 Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2? 1647365123666
Sponsored

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing
Have a link to the newest guide?

ShadowFox

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
USAF
It says it has active park assist under the bluecruise, but that it's also required to be removed. I'm confused.

OP
OP

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It says it has active park assist under the bluecruise, but that it's also required to be removed. I'm confused.
It is basically saying that Active Park Asist is included in Co-Pilot Assist 2.0, but for Job 2 builds it is required to be removed.

Sponsored

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It is basically saying that Active Park Asist is included in Co-Pilot Assist 2.0, but for Job 2 builds it is required to be removed.
I read it as "Park assist is part of bluecruise by default, but you can remove it if you want". Maybe Park assist is or will be constrained so by removing it as an optional 'extra' you might get scheduled sooner.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I think they’re (sloppily) trying not to repeat the Adaptive Steering mess. Trouble for me is that my order is at Priority 2, so not sure I can make any changes.

OP
OP

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I read it as "Park assist is part of bluecruise by default, but you can remove it if you want". Maybe Park assist is or will be constrained so by removing it as an optional 'extra' you might get scheduled sooner.
Not how I read it. To me it reads, if you want Active Assist 2.0, you have to choose the Active Park Assist removal option. The note says it is required. I wouldn't put it past Ford to make it confusing though.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My guess is the “missing modules” starts with the Active Park Assist. There is no option to add it.

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
I saw this on the updated order guide that was published today. It calls it "Optional", but Lariat, Platinum, Limited, and Tremor have it as required for Ford Co-Pilot Active 2.0. That doesn't really bother me, since I've never used that feature in my current Lariat, nor any other car I've owned that had it. Maybe this is a way of saving chips (modules)? Also, there's a note about Halogen headlamps for XLT 302A, Lariat 500A, and Lariat 501A, but they are late availability.
I believe the removal of the park assist is to save chips. When I ordered back in October, removal of the auto start/stop was required or Ford would not schedule your build. Same thing, remove or wait forever. So basically they are removing the feature, and you’ll probably get a small credit on your sticker MSRP.

Sponsored

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I believe the removal of the park assist is to save chips. When I ordered back in October, removal of the auto start/stop was required or Ford would not schedule your build. Same thing, remove or wait forever. So basically they are removing the feature, and you’ll probably get a small credit on your sticker MSRP.
Hypothetically: What if I actually wanted park assist, what if that was the whole reason I got co-pilot active? Now I'm screwed.

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Hypothetically: What if I actually wanted park assist, what if that was the whole reason I got co-pilot active? Now I'm screwed.
Right? I’m looking at the new order guide now, it‘s saying that this will be effective for all Job 2 trucks, date TBD.

I believe Ford is planning to begin Job 2 late this month (?). So this is a great question. I know if I ordered the truck and had a long wait to just get scheduled and was then told I can’t have what was ordered, I’d be a little upset!

I’m hoping the dealers can explain what’s going to happen to existing orders.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I wouldn’t know why.. all of that is in the ipma. Ipma is in every truck. I wonder if it’s the parking sensor they have an issue with those are not required for anything other than active park assist

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wouldn’t know why.. all of that is in the ipma. Ipma is in every truck. I wonder if it’s the parking sensor they have an issue with those are not required for anything other than active park assist
The forward sensing system is still included in 701A, so maybe parking assist will be available to add-in later for some trim levels.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I had the same thought. If they were trying to skip a module, that would mean deleting the ipma, which would break the other functions. Seems it would be a sensor shortage.
Sponsored