Job#1 vs Job#2

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
As job#2 starts in July- curious if anyone is annoyed they're getting a Job#1 built in June. will the trucks built in June be just as buggy as they were the first few months they built them- or is ford capable of fixing issues still in the same job number, in this case 1.

asked another way from a reliability standpoint. does end of job#1 and start of job#2 gonna be any better than the other?
Sponsored

mikey1988

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 XLT fx4 reg cab V8, '79 Ford Granada
Occupation
steel mill worker
i am curious as to the differences on a job 1 to job 2 as well i had ordered mine in august 2021 and it arrived nov 2021 i believe the build date is oct 08 2021 which would make me believe that this is a job 2 truck from kansas vin# 1ftmf1e59mkf01778 if that helps decode anything

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Found this info about Job1 Vs Job2 on the other F150 site.

It's related to plant operations. Job 1 will be the first batch of vehicles for that model year and typically plants have a summer shutdown where they do any minor retooling and updates needed. The summer shutdown is a top-down process for plants where they do IT maintenance, machine maintenance, tool replacement, all that good stuff. The reason it matters for your vehicle is if they are going to make a "significant" change to a vehicle, it will usually happen after a job change. Now, significant within reason, for example the Job 2 2021 F-150s had the option for the scales and electronic damper system that the Job 1 2021 trucks weren't offered.

Sometimes you will see "Late Availability" on an order guide, usually, but not always, that means a Job 2 option. Job 2 vehicles often get improvements to the build process as well if it's a low priority potential issue that they can't just fix on-the-fly.

It's not always roses though, the Job 2 Mach E for 2022 is losing front side window laminated glass, losing the kick to open function on the tailgate, will have a Parking Assist Prep Package instead of the normal Active Park Assist feature.

The F-150 is seeing that as well, Job 2 F-150s for 2022 are losing Active Park Assist and getting a Prep package instead. I am not aware of any distinct improvements being made to Job 2 F-150s, but odds are there will be some small production related improvements.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I ordered my 21 mid Aug of 20
The first few trucks and some for their “test drive” promotion were built much earlier in the year.
Production for the last of the 20s was early Oct, and 21 production started toward the end of Oct
Trucks were built Oct, Nov. only for dealer stock (and quite possibly thru Dec.)
The first day of scheduling along with VIN assignments happened on Dec 1 for retail (special orders)
My truck was scheduled and assigned a VIN on that day, December 1
Tentatively scheduled for the week of Jan 10 2021.
Later pushed back to the week of Jan 24.
Was actually built and rolled off the line Jan 24, and shipped that same week.
Delivered to my dealer on Feb 10.

Pretty sure the early scheduled retail took a bit more time getting down the line for the workers to “get a handle“ on the new stuff.

Maybe the Job 2 is the “get a handle” of new processes.
Processes that change or are new for every model year.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
FWIW ....

When I ordered my 2022 F150 on 12/22/2021 the DORA printout designated it as a "Job 1" build

My truck was finally built 05/12/2022; when I look at the after-build OASIS printout for my VIN it is in fact designated as a "Job 2" build.

(you can see that VIN-specific OASIS printout when you subscribe to Ford service manuals here https://www.motorcraftservice.com/; $22 for 72-hour subscription)

I have no idea if there are any physical differences between 2022 Job 1 / 2; I can say that my truck was delivered with all of the options I originally specified (no forced deletions or removals, partial or otherwise at all - my spec as ordered and built is in my sig-block below this post).

I do have fully-functional Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 and fully-functional Connected Navigation; I picked Auto-Stop-Start DELETE on my original order and that's what I got (no A-S-S). I do NOT have lighted console cupholders, lighted glove-box, or 'fingers in my rear cupholders' (and couldn't care less).

Last edited:

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
My Job 1 truck was built June 26th, 2021. It missed being Job 2 by a few weeks, but following people on this forum, it appears I have a well built truck, fairly problem free. If it wasn't for the trailer and wiper recalls, it would be problem free. Sure it has glitches, but that's what they are , glitches . At least I don't have Fords self destruct max tow axle or screens that go blank on a whim. When you think about it, with all the complexity of todays vehicles, it's amazing they function at all.
Sponsored