nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks!

Hahaha, I personally don't like stickers on my truck. I think it looks cleaner and nicer without.

Thank you! I absolutely love this color.

I used Wizards Shine Master after a clay bar treatment. Paired with their Mist N Shine it really makes the paint pop and it feels like glass! Also feels good to support a business local to me here in Minnesota.

https://wizardsproducts.com/collections/compounds-polish-wax/products/shine-master

Thanks! Zero offset.

I don't regret my choice in the least bit. It's perfect IMO. It has aggressive fitment but didn't require me to cut up my brand new $50k+ truck, and it's not so aggressive that I will need fender flares.

The thing I like most about Leadfoot is how different it is compared to most other factory paints out there. It stands out.

Zero rubbing. I liked my stock 18's better after I blacked them out, but after installing the level they definitely looked under sized. I'm keeping the stock wheels & tires for winter so I can switch back.
Seriously though, it looks great!,
Sponsored

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Yeah I'm just not a fan of low profile tires and big wheels on a truck. The truck rides better with the 17's than it did on the stock 18's, and it looks better. Win/Win
The wheel/tire setup to go with depends on your preferences, priorities and use case. Bigger tires like your truck has will certainly be more comfortable on road and more capable off road, but they will handle poorly on road. So if handling is a priority, a lower profile tire makes sense. This example is at one end of the spectrum while a 22 inch tire would be at the other end. There are 'middle ground' choices in between that appeal to someone like me who wants both good road handling AND good off road performance. I think something like a 275/65/R20 is a good compromise and look better to me.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I really dig the Leadfoot. Probably my favorite color. I couldn't get it with a Lariat/Chrome, but I would've if it was available.

OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport Leadfoot Gray 302a Ecoboost
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Seriously though, it looks great!,
Thank you. I think so too!

The wheel/tire setup to go with depends on your preferences, priorities and use case. Bigger tires like your truck has will certainly be more comfortable on road and more capable off road, but they will handle poorly on road. So if handling is a priority, a lower profile tire makes sense. This example is at one end of the spectrum while a 22 inch tire would be at the other end. There are 'middle ground' choices in between that appeal to someone like me who wants both good road handling AND good off road performance. I think something like a 275/65/R20 is a good compromise and look better to me.
Agreed, there are a few 20" setups that I've seen that don't look to bad. I know some folks like the sport truck look, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not for me. I prefer my cars to be lowered and my trucks to be raised.

Part of the reason I went with the Load E 10 ply tires was to help with handling (and towing obviously) by stiffening up the tires. Surprisingly the Load E tires were actually lighter than the Load C, which was quite unexpected. So the biggest hit to handling comes from the added weight, not the increased sidewall, and I would have added weight no matter what going with bigger wheels and tires.

I really dig the Leadfoot. Probably my favorite color. I couldn't get it with a Lariat/Chrome, but I would've if it was available.
I love the Antimatter blue and you can't get that with the sport package vs chrome! So it goes both ways. Lol. But yeah, I love this Leadfoot, especially after I completed the paint correction and applied sealant/coating!

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty 51166261231_6702741d87_o

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty 51166261241_2357662980_o

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty 51165595322_21c42bf9b5_o

Last edited:

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
20+ wheels just don’t work for a truck. Also, if you buy a truck for handling, well you’re driving the wrong rig

Sponsored

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
20+ wheels just don’t work for a truck. Also, if you buy a truck for handling, well you’re driving the wrong rig
That's merely your opinion, nothing more, just like 20s are my preference. Everyone has their own perspective on this, so it's silly to suggest that one way or the other is "right" or "wrong". Just do your thing and be happy.

NikGuyQc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Leadfoot
Zero rubbing. I liked my stock 18's better after I blacked them out, but after installing the level they definitely looked under sized. I'm keeping the stock wheels & tires for winter so I can switch back.
How far from rubbing tho? I'm looking for a very similar set up. 2" level with +6 offset. Cant seem to find for sure how big i could go with the tires without rubbing or removing crash bars.
If you could post picture of the space you have at full lock it would help me a lot.
Thanks

OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
How far from rubbing tho? I'm looking for a very similar set up. 2" level with +6 offset. Cant seem to find for sure how big i could go with the tires without rubbing or removing crash bars.
If you could post picture of the space you have at full lock it would help me a lot.
Thanks
I'll try to grab some pictures at full lock and post them tonight.

OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Thanks
Here is full lock front and rear.

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty D3D244D3-7888-4084-976A-E51AE87C4417

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty B4BC26E2-D3C0-4DD1-9374-A4D396151FC5

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty F3BACE3A-E2C1-41EE-8F9E-C842E42715FF

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty 4FBAE2C3-8132-4C6B-AADD-C753FDBA91D1

Sponsored

OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Got some professional shots from a photographer buddy of mine. More to come!?

Ford F-150 XLT Sport 302a EcoBoost Looking Pretty Nifty Shareable F150-7095

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Love those fifteen52'S! 2.5" lift looks good, you think this setup will clear with the Roush/Fox 2" lift?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Love those fifteen52'S! 2.5" lift looks good, you think this setup will clear with the Roush/Fox 2" lift?
Oh yeah absolutely the 34's will fit with the Roush/Fox 2" lift. I've seen plenty of setups on this tire size on a 2" Level. I was originally going to go with a 2" but I wanted to try 35's. I ended up chickening out and backing down to the 34x11.50's so I knew I wouldn't have to cut or trim anything. With this level the truck is within 5/8 of an inch of level. So it has such a small amount of rake that it's not really noticeable.

OP
OP
NiftyF150

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor