First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
A couple of months ago I brought my truck in for the recalls on the wiper blade motors and ever since I got it back, this wiper has been bothering me and it seems higher than it used to be. Is there a way to adjust these lower?

Ford F-150 Wipers too high? IMG_2983

Ford F-150 Wipers too high? IMG_3011
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
This is normal after this service. I had this issue and it has been reported multiple times here. They sent a service tech to my house and he showed me how to do it. It is really easy. You can adjust these easily yourself. Just lift up the arm and then there is a release tab. It comes right off. Then you can put it back matching the marks on the windshield were it used to be. Just install it back with the arm in the up position, then lower the arm down and it will lock in place. If you see any small silver looking things fall out, those were just alignment pins from the factory and you don't need them.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
And it took 5 months for them to convert it for you once you took delivery in Australia ? What all did they change and how much did that cost ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Djlee1592

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I don't know, but I've told them to fix it 🙄
IMG_4501.jpeg
I guess I've never thought about the wipers on right hand driver vehicles. I stared way too long trying to figure out why they looked like that

OP
OP
Djlee1592

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
This is normal after this service. I had this issue and it has been reported multiple times here. They sent a service tech to my house and he showed me how to do it. It is really easy. You can adjust these easily yourself. Just lift up the arm and then there is a release tab. It comes right off. Then you can put it back matching the marks on the windshield were it used to be. Just install it back with the arm in the up position, then lower the arm down and it will lock in place. If you see any small silver looking things fall out, those were just alignment pins from the factory and you don't need them.
I'll have to give it a shot

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
If you see any small silver looking things fall out, those were just alignment pins from the factory and you don't need them.
Yeah I'm sorry but I don't agree at all with this.... I had the same issue and my wiper arm came flying off completely during the rain whilst I was doing 60mph.... It spun around enough that it began to hit the door frame and then a moment after I saw my wiper arm through my drivers door it flew off completely.

The locating pins are obviously required to keep it in the correct position as otherwise it 'spins' around the shaft (hence your position issue). The dealer fixing it for me told me that the pins are commonly missing by people not putting the arms back on properly.

It's a 2 minute fix.... call into the dealer and get the locating pin put in as it was meant to be and you won't have an issue....

Ford F-150 Wipers too high? 2024-01-22 13.06.20

Ford F-150 Wipers too high? 2024-01-22 13.53.44

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I have owned many f-150s and the wiper alignment pins have never stayed in place. They are not pressed in nor glued in. I've JB welded them myself a few times to keep wipers aligned but if I don't the pins always fall out.
Sponsored