Sponsored

Will changing transmission fluid earlier than ford recommends void the warranty?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Willing to drive and pay for competent TLC ..... are you available? ;) :ROFLMAO:(y)
You know that you would have carte blanche in the barn. But you would be expected to at least sit in a roll around chair and inspect/instruct every single procedure.

Just like she does when I'm under the lift.

Ford F-150 Will changing transmission fluid earlier than ford recommends void the warranty? 20220326_130543

Transmission drain and fills are a simple dilution problem too.

It may work out to someone's benefit to do it more often than the manufacturer suggestion because you're only draining 50-75% of it at best which means you're only replacing 50-75% of it with new fluid each time you do this service.

I think where most problems come from are people not following whatever procedure there is to ensure it is filled with the correct amount. To that end, I usually measure what I drain out of the transmission as part of a sanity check.
True!
And on my previous 10r80s, I would drop pan/replenish 2 times with a few thousand miles between both drops. The dilution would be significant at that point and the fluid itself reflects it.

It's temping to put an aftermarket pan on with a drain, but I haven't seen one yet that didn't have any negative reviews regarding fit.
Sponsored