First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
when i put the front hitch on, i had to remove the move able part of the air dam, and subsequently i removed the actuators, since they were not doing anything
this morning while trying to do the glare free in forscan, i kept getting DTC for loss of communications with air dam actuators and module for obstacle detection
could not remove dtc
so i am thinking i need to put the actuators back on, even though they will no longer be connected to the active part of the air dam.
seemed weird the dtc would not reset or overide

Ford F-150 Active air dam DTC 20230121_145852
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Either reconnect the actuators or see if there's a delete resistor module on the market like the MegaOhm Pedestrian sounder delete that tricks the system into thinking they are connected and prevents DTC's. Another option is if you're handy with electronics you can make one yourself. Just check the resistance across the leads on the actuators and make a pair of pigtails with the right resistor load on it and seal it with liquid electrical tape and heat shrink wrap.

Last thing I can think of as an option is to see if there's a setting for the active airdam in Forscan and switch it off to make the system think it's not even equipped with the option to prevent the DTC.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Either reconnect the actuators or see if there's a delete resistor module on the market like the MegaOhm Pedestrian sounder delete that tricks the system into thinking they are connected and prevents DTC's. Another option is if you're handy with electronics you can make one yourself. Just check the resistance across the leads on the actuators and make a pair of pigtails with the right resistor load on it and seal it with liquid electrical tape and heat shrink wrap.

Last thing I can think of as an option is to see if there's a setting for the active airdam in Forscan and switch it off to make the system think it's not even equipped with the option to prevent the DTC.
sunday morning i put them back on and plugged in wiring
cleared a dtc, but vdm remained
this after noon it was gone as well

they dont hurt anything being installed. i was just trying to remove all the active stuff since the lower dam is removed. despite my best math, there is simply no way to put the lower part back on and have it deployable. not enough room at the inn, the hitch really ate up valuable space
Sponsored

Last edited: