Sponsored

Who has been successful adding BC to non BC-Prepped F-150? (22-23s) Not 21s.

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Reaching out to see if anyone has done it. If so please PM me. I have everything already installed (CMR, cameras, IRs, front bliss etc.). It's at the active prep package stage ready to go. I've got a couple options/ideas but they would require weeding through a pile of vins day in and day out.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’m assuming you started with the 2.0 assist since it’s a lariat high?

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
To the best of my knowledge, only one person on here has done that, @Jesse-Infotainment

He certainly would know how to do it, but I think it would save both you and him time if you could find a truck that’s optioned the same as yours, except with BC and not just CP2.0 Assist. It may not be easy to find that one truck, but if you’re referring to changing as builts, it’s probably your best bet

He had an XL he essentially turned into a platinum high

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To the best of my knowledge, only one person on here has done that, @Jesse-Infotainment

He certainly would know how to do it, but I think it would save both you and him time if you could find a truck that’s optioned the same as yours, except with BC and not just CP2.0 Assist. It may not be easy to find that one truck, but if you’re referring to changing as builts, it’s probably your best bet
I have done that leg work already for the VIN's and asbuilts. Found several built to the exact spec as mine but with BC. I believe it's more than that. This post was more focused around 22-23s. 21 was easier to do back then. It's changed since.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I have done that leg work already for the VIN's and asbuilts. Found several built to the exact spec as mine but with BC. I believe it's more than that. This post was more focused around 22-23s. 21 was easier to do back then. It's changed since.
Gotcha, it sounds like I’m walking you backwards through stuff you’ve already done lol

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotcha, it sounds like I’m walking you backwards through stuff you’ve already done lol
No it helps generate discussion. I appreciate the reply. This topic is almost like saying Voldemort or Bloody Mary three times in the mirror. There's gotta be others out there who have at least attempted it (not including Jesse).

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I did see on FDRS something that said activate blue cruise prep.

I assume that would only work if your VIN was originally built with Bluecruise.

Best to just do whatever @Jesse-Infotainment tells you to do or you could break something.

I would assume at some point whatever process Jesse used would be blocked by Ford and you'd be out of luck but that's just my speculation.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I did see on FDRS something that said activate blue cruise prep.

I assume that would only work if your VIN was originally built with Bluecruise.

Best to just do whatever @Jesse-Infotainment tells you to do or you could break something.

I would assume at some point whatever process Jesse used would be blocked by Ford and you'd be out of luck but that's just my speculation.
I was very up front with them at the beginning. I cant and wont help activate. I will not piss off Ford. I have already been attacked by them and I cant risk it.

21 wasnt easy. I have no idea where that comes from. Ive had to help so MANY people on this forum get it working.

I have helped him with what I can. He hasnt even so much as considered my time thus far. I do help people but this particular situation Ive got 10 open threads from them and only a couple of thank yous in the whole thing. I dont ask for anything but my goodness. SOme people take advantage.

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was very up front with them at the beginning. I cant and wont help activate. I will not piss off Ford. I have already been attacked by them and I cant risk it.

21 wasnt easy. I have no idea where that comes from. Ive had to help so MANY people on this forum get it working.

I have helped him with what I can. He hasnt even so much as considered my time thus far. I do help people but this particular situation Ive got 10 open threads from them and only a couple of thank yous in the whole thing. I dont ask for anything but my goodness. SOme people take advantage.
Sorry @Jesse-Infotainment, I was just trying to say it was most likely easier then vs now. That is only an assumption on my part. I don't know the inner workings of what was done and how it was done. I understand the not being able to help. That is the reason I have created this thread here. I did not want to involve you as I have taken too much of your time up with endless questions. I truly do apologize if I came off as taking advantage. I did not not mean to be in the slightest.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Yeah I can see you being pelted with questions and I've seen you answer some threads and no one reads what you said.

I do have questions that I can't find any results on either forum but I'm gonna go play with Forscan first and see what I can break.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Do you have working lane centering right now? If so, FORGET BLUECRUISE. What you have is the better deal. With lane centering and a simple steering wheel hack you have hands-free driving. NO SUBSCRIPTION. Careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Say no to BlueCruise. Say yes to lane centering.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Is there a difference between lane centring (which I think adaptive cruise control cars have) and what I have which seems really jerky, I don’t have the front radar so when I engage the lane keeping system it waits until the truck almost hits the yellow line and jerks back pretty hard to the centre

my next question is do I need to add the radar to be able to enable the other one?

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Lane keeping isn't lane centering. Yes, if you have lane centering then you also have adaptive cruise control. The two go hand in hand. BlueCruise is nothing but a geo-location switch that tells lane centering it can work without your hands on the wheel. Lane centering is the work horse behind BlueCruise.

My Maverick doesn't have BlueCruise, but it does have lane centering. It drives hands-free as good as or better than my BlueCruise F150.

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Do you have working lane centering right now? If so, FORGET BLUECRUISE. What you have is the better deal. With lane centering and a simple steering wheel hack you have hands-free driving. NO SUBSCRIPTION. Careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Say no to BlueCruise. Say yes to lane centering.
I don't disagree with that. I do find the nagging to use steering wheel annoying just because I have a light grip on it. I find myself bumping wheel every time dash lights up. Not perfect but it's way ahead of my old 2011. Radar following thing to lock onto car in front of me is pretty neat.
Sponsored