• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where do you think I’ll fall in delivery wise?

Turbo74

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari F430, 66 fastback, ‘21 Bronco, Lightning
Occupation
Regional account manager
Hi! New to the forums and ordered a 22 Lariat Lightning but didn’t get much info on a delivery month. My Bronco was actually one of the first hardtops to arrive but with this it seems to be a huge crap shoot. Can anyone give me a window based off the order picture I posted? Only reason I ask is because the wife’s lease is up in mid May and we will be down a car until it gets here. If it’s going to be quite a while ill need to come up with another plan to get something. Thanks for any help!

Ford F-150 Lightning Where do you think I’ll fall in delivery wise? 32F2B6BA-3C43-45BF-A0B7-79FCFB397F12
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Hi! New to the forums and ordered a 22 Lariat Lightning but didn’t get much info on a delivery month. My Bronco was actually one of the first hardtops to arrive but with this it seems to be a huge crap shoot. Can anyone give me a window based off the order picture I posted? Only reason I ask is because the wife’s lease is up in mid May and we will be down a car until it gets here. If it’s going to be quite a while ill need to come up with another plan to get something. Thanks for any help!

32F2B6BA-3C43-45BF-A0B7-79FCFB397F12.png
I believe since you ordered through dealer and not online you would need to speak with the dealer about when you are scheduled, if you are now. I’d call or email and ask for the VIN and the scheduled build date/week if available.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Many have warned since January to order online for this very reason. In person gives you literally no updates on the order process. Now you'll have to rely on the dealer. Hopefully they are cool and actually give you updates rather than "we have no information (because you aren't worth the effort for me to move my mouse right now to check)"

OP
OP

Turbo74

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari F430, 66 fastback, ‘21 Bronco, Lightning
Occupation
Regional account manager
Many have warned since January to order online for this very reason. In person gives you literally no updates on the order process. Now you'll have to rely on the dealer. Hopefully they are cool and actually give you updates rather than "we have no information (because you aren't worth the effort for me to move my mouse right now to check)"
I did the bronco the same way and Ford sent me updates from order submitted to scheduled(vin), to built. I’m hoping this will do the same. My dealer here has been great and didn’t charge any ADM on the bronco and told me none on the lightning also.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I did the bronco the same way and Ford sent me updates from order submitted to scheduled(vin), to built. I’m hoping this will do the same. My dealer here has been great and didn’t charge any ADM on the bronco and told me none on the lightning also.
If the salesman/manager loaded your email address into WBDO for the truck, then you should get an email when a build day is issued, etc. Just the FORD.COM site will not show you intirum steps

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Hi Turbo74

I am in the exact same boat with same order day, trim, and with dealer. I had no choice of ordering online because my dealer changed hands in December.

It is simply an educated guess but I believe I will be scheduled between now and the end of April with a middle June build and delivery middle of July. That would coincide with the predicted 22 week+ forecast from Order to Deliver that was estimated in the beginning.

Good Luck with Sharing for a couple months. :)

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
As it says CONTACT DEALER.

Your reservation date has nothing to do with when you'll get the vehicle. It's all about which dealer you chose and how they prioritize customers and how much they'll charge. I'm first day reservation but chose the "wrong" dealer so I'm in 2024 sometime, maybe.

When I found out Ford was not honoring reservations I put deposits down on Rivian and Silverado EV. Rivian will likely deliver first and for me at $10k less and 20" shorter, works better in urban environment where it lives while still towing the 5k boat.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Hi Turbo74

I am in the exact same boat with same order day, trim, and with dealer. I had no choice of ordering online because my dealer changed hands in December.

It is simply an educated guess but I believe I will be scheduled between now and the end of April with a middle June build and delivery middle of July. That would coincide with the predicted 22 week+ forecast from Order to Deliver that was estimated in the beginning.

I’m in the exact same boat as you. Nonetheless, I have been fortunate to get an email from Ford with my VIN and anticipated week of production. Fingers crossed.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Hi Turbo74

Same here my dealer sold as well so i have no way to track as well.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Get the 4 digit order number from your dealer and VIN, plug in your info and it will tell you all you need to know

Although it still won’t give you a production date, but your dealer should know by now
Perhaps, because my dealership underwent a name change late in the game, my situation is a special case. I receive no Ford emails (and no Spam), other than those below. My account page has never changed from "You need to contact dealer to order"

The only way I can monitor my order is with:

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxxxx

"xxxxxxxx" = Your Reservation #

Ford Emails:

Feb. 4
"It’s time to order your F-150® Lightning™ truck"

Feb. 4
"Confirm your new Ford purchase now!"

Feb. 8
"YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED"

Feb 9
"YOUR F-150 LIGHTNING ORDER HAS BEEN UPDATED"

My dealer/saleman never contacts me. I stop by once a month to chat and stay in touch and always try to talk to the Finance Mgr. rather than the salesman.

Until you have a VIN you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealer and Ford.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Perhaps, because my dealership underwent a name change late in the game, my situation is a special case. I receive no Ford emails (and no Spam), other than those below. My account page has never changed from "You need to contact dealer to order"

The only way I can monitor my order is with:

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxxxx

"xxxxxxxx" = Your Reservation #

Ford Emails:

Feb. 4
"It’s time to order your F-150® Lightning™ truck"

Feb. 4
"Confirm your new Ford purchase now!"

Feb. 8
"YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED"

Feb 9
"YOUR F-150 LIGHTNING ORDER HAS BEEN UPDATED"

My dealer/saleman never contacts me. I stop by once a month to chat and stay in touch and always try to talk to the Finance Mgr. rather than the salesman.

Until you have a VIN you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealer and Ford.
Mine doesn’t neither. But. They do answer my emails if I have a questions. The good thing about this forum is that there is hardly any need to contact the dealer because of all the information available here.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I think you will get the same result with the back door tracker as you get on the Ford reservation page. E.g. your order is not scheduled for production. https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxxxxx
Once your Lightning is scheduled for production then the back door tracker will update with info at the same time your dealer would know.
Sponsored