Sponsored

When does a truck actually invoice?

BlackMesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pickup
Hi All,

I've got a tremor on order with my dealer. I put a deposit down and we agreed via email that X-Plan pricing would be honored. However, the dealer would not give me any actual pricing other than MSRP until the truck invoices, "because they won't know the cost until then."

I've seen guys post build sheets with a/x/z plan pricing on them, so I'm inclined to think they're either just out-of-the-know, or worse, shining me on.

So with that being said, when is an invoice generated for a dealer? I'd like to know so that I can confirm the pricing on the truck as soon as possible.

Ordered 6/18, tentatively scheduled to build week of 10/18, but no VIN assigned yet.
Sponsored

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
Once the window sticker is produced the pricing is finalized. It's usually a week before your scheduled production date, but your dealer should have been able to at least give you an estimate.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Unless the Tremor isn't in the system, they can give you pricing. It's pretty easy to calculate the X-plan because it's not a hidden cost. You can call another dealer and ask too. Maybe @Granger Ford or @GrangerChip will have some insight. You can also message them, they work at a Ford dealership.

Jrford665

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi All,

I've got a tremor on order with my dealer. I put a deposit down and we agreed via email that X-Plan pricing would be honored. However, the dealer would not give me any actual pricing other than MSRP until the truck invoices, "because they won't know the cost until then."

I've seen guys post build sheets with a/x/z plan pricing on them, so I'm inclined to think they're either just out-of-the-know, or worse, shining me on.

So with that being said, when is an invoice generated for a dealer? I'd like to know so that I can confirm the pricing on the truck as soon as possible.

Ordered 6/18, tentatively scheduled to build week of 10/18, but no VIN assigned yet.
the sales manager was able to give me the invoice price right before i put my order in and set the agreed upon price. I orders on 7/24/21. I did get the vina week later but have no build date.

Twistingtommy

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021 Ordered
Occupation
Teacher
If you are going through xpricing you can go to the xplan site and price it out there. It will give you the price.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Hi All,

They are playing you just for an order slot, they know the pricing on the Ford Build and Price website. If you don't get it written and signed by the GM then they can charge whatever they want when it shows up.

Get it signed in writing or RUNAWAY

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Call granger ford. Your dealer sounds terrible.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Unless the Tremor isn't in the system, they can give you pricing. It's pretty easy to calculate the X-plan because it's not a hidden cost. You can call another dealer and ask too. Maybe @Granger Ford or @GrangerChip will have some insight. You can also message them, they work at a Ford dealership.

I appreciate the kind words.

To the OP. We can show you invoice pricing at the time of ordering. There is a tool that's supposed to show X-plan pricing as well but 90% of the time it doesn't work for me.

stevek7707

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer placed the order and immediately showed me the X Plan pricing. It was very clearly marked on the order.

CTYankee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Edge
Relating to the OP's question. Does Ford invoice the dealer on the day of vehicle shipment? I'm anxious to lock in 0% before it expires but have been told I cannot until Ford issues the invoice.

Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
Relating to the OP's question. Does Ford invoice the dealer on the day of vehicle shipment? I'm anxious to lock in 0% before it expires but have been told I cannot until Ford issues the invoice.
My dealer told me I locked in 0% and PCO at the time of order.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I appreciate the kind words.

To the OP. We can show you invoice pricing at the time of ordering. There is a tool that's supposed to show X-plan pricing as well but 90% of the time it doesn't work for me.
I signed a Preview Order 09/01/21. It included the full list of options, etc and a total MSRP. It included a sales code and order code. It also had a priority code of 10, and a price code of 145. I immediately added the 360 degree camera option.

I was out of town for 11 days, but when I got back I dropped by the dealer to make sure the camera option was added, and that it had been submitted to Ford. I was showed a second Preview Order, only this time it had a 09/14 date, Priority Code of 14, and a Price Level of 150. I was concerned about the changes. I was assured the order was sent to Ford, even though I was offered no copy of any receipt by Ford. I was also assured the Rebate and Financing offered at the initial order were still in effect ($1500 rebate for ordering, and 72 mth 0% financing). Should I be concerned?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I signed a Preview Order 09/01/21. It included the full list of options, etc and a total MSRP. It included a sales code and order code. It also had a priority code of 10, and a price code of 145. I immediately added the 360 degree camera option.

I was out of town for 11 days, but when I got back I dropped by the dealer to make sure the camera option was added, and that it had been submitted to Ford. I was showed a second Preview Order, only this time it had a 09/14 date, Priority Code of 14, and a Price Level of 150. I was concerned about the changes. I was assured the order was sent to Ford, even though I was offered no copy of any receipt by Ford. I was also assured the Rebate and Financing offered at the initial order were still in effect ($1500 rebate for ordering, and 72 mth 0% financing). Should I be concerned?
I'd say your date is in for the 14th but that shouldn't effect your pricing. It's based upon when the dealer inputs it to Ford's system.

llsjubal

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Explorer (ordering F150 Lariat in Nov)
My dealer placed the order and immediately showed me the X Plan pricing. It was very clearly marked on the order.
Did the order look like this? It says retail but Xplan is circled at the bottom
Ford F-150 When does a truck actually invoice? IMG_1120

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
According to Tom at Chapman, X-plan is invoice. I compared pricing on the X-plan site to a DORA I got from them and option prices were the same, X-plan and invoice are ientical. Only difference was the base vehicle price and 2 different items on the DORA I never saw before.. "CV Lot Management" and "Fuel Charge".
Sponsored