First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Driver
How do I go about finding what TSB or updates (pcm or other) my truck needs? Truck shakes at freeway speeds. Can feel it in the gas pedal and under truck. 22 powerboost, build date is 3/15/22. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave541

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Driver
Bump

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
From the description it sounds more like a wheel balance, out of round or slipped belt in a tire. Other possibilities are a second order shaft vibration from the main driveshaft or possible front inner/outer CV joints.

Does the vibration occur on all surfaces at speed or just certain roads. If all road surfaces then check all tires for a slipped belt and have them rebalanced. If the vibration is still present after that then may need to have the driveshaft balance checked as it could have slung a weight or have a failing u-joint.

If it's only happening on certain roads, there is likely a feedback harmonic taking place causing this. There's a 3-4 mile stretch of freeway on my daily commute home that causes a similar vibration in mine as well but before/after that stretch of freeway it's smooth as can be. Something about the way they resurfaced the concrete when cutting the drain grooves causes it when doing 65-70mph. Really annoying cause it feels like one or more tires is way out of balance every single day.

OP
OP
Dave541

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Driver
From the description it sounds more like a wheel balance, out of round or slipped belt in a tire. Other possibilities are a second order shaft vibration from the main driveshaft or possible front inner/outer CV joints.

Does the vibration occur on all surfaces at speed or just certain roads. If all road surfaces then check all tires for a slipped belt and have them rebalanced. If the vibration is still present after that then may need to have the driveshaft balance checked as it could have slung a weight or have a failing u-joint.

If it's only happening on certain roads, there is likely a feedback harmonic taking place causing this. There's a 3-4 mile stretch of freeway on my daily commute home that causes a similar vibration in mine as well but before/after that stretch of freeway it's smooth as can be. Something about the way they resurfaced the concrete when cutting the drain grooves causes it when doing 65-70mph. Really annoying cause it feels like one or more tires is way out of balance every single day.
Freeway speeds 70-75. All surfaces. Just was curious besides contacting dealer to find a way to see what needs to be done to my truck (if any) TSB or pcm. I do want he shift tables to be reset because 3 out of 4 shifts into reverse are pretty hard. Plus that vibration. Thanks for your reply.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Your VIN would be the determiner of updates/TSB available.

Next time you are at 75mph and experiencing what you describe, can you lock out 10th, and then 9th, and see if it diminishes?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave541

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Driver
Your VIN would be the determiner of updates/TSB available.

Next time you are at 75mph and experiencing what you describe, can you lock out 10th, and then 9th, and see if it diminishes?
Will do. Thank you.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Freeway speeds 70-75. All surfaces. Just was curious besides contacting dealer to find a way to see what needs to be done to my truck (if any) TSB or pcm. I do want he shift tables to be reset because 3 out of 4 shifts into reverse are pretty hard. Plus that vibration. Thanks for your reply.
Resetting the trans tables won't do anything for the harsh shift into reverse. That's likely drivetrain slop or low fluid. Mine does that too but only when I park in the driveway which is about a 3 degree angle. So could be a little low on fluid (known issue with Ford underfilling the 10R80 from the factory) or the angle causing the trans fluid to be at the back and that initial shift is considerably harder than normal.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
How do I go about finding what TSB or updates (pcm or other) my truck needs?
Just FYI one way to get that at any point in time is to pay $22 for a 72-hour subscription to the Ford Service manuals at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

When you have a subscription you can enter your VIN and get a screen listing of all TSB's, SSM's, and GSB's applicable to your VIN as of that date (with a link to each applicable document).

There's a boatload of other VIN-specific data from Ford's OASIS system that you can view when you have that subscription.

OP
OP
Dave541

Dave541

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Driver
Just FYI one way to get that at any point in time is to pay $22 for a 72-hour subscription to the Ford Service manuals at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

When you have a subscription you can enter your VIN and get a screen listing of all TSB's, SSM's, and GSB's applicable to your VIN as of that date (with a link to each applicable document).

There's a boatload of other VIN-specific data from Ford's OASIS system that you can view when you have that subscription.
Thank you sir
Sponsored