OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
i run the traction bars, you can or can't do the shock relocation, bags would be tight.

for trucks that are trying to make the track work, i don't like bags, i don't run them and the truck drives amazing
I didn't figure the load leveling bags really affected anything if they weren't inflated. Is the shock relocation work it? I know the traction bars probably are.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Beefcake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
owner Beefcake Racing
I didn't figure the load leveling bags really affected anything if they weren't inflated. Is the shock relocation work it? I know the traction bars probably are.
i am running the stock location kit with no issues. its really personal preference. the relocation kit is not compatible with helper bags. so if you do the relocation and decide to add bags then it will interfere with where the bags need to mount. so something to keep in mind

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
i am running the stock location kit with no issues. its really personal preference. the relocation kit is not compatible with helper bags. so if you do the relocation and decide to add bags then it will interfere with where the bags need to mount. so something to keep in mind
It sounds like if I use IHC's relocation kit their helper bags will still fit? This is what I'm thinking of running:

Ridetech coilovers
Stock lower control arms with IHC adjustable upper control arms
IHC flip kit
IHC shock relocation kit with Fox shocks
IHC helper bags
IHC traction bar kit

I'd like to still be able to run the helper bags with a shock relocation and traction bars if possible, so if IHC's setup offers that then I'd like to go that route.

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
@beefcake Are there any cons to running the shock relocation kit besides losing the spare tire? I figured it would just make it a lot easier to run a larger tire in the back with the shocks being inboard. Also, wouldn't it be better to run a traction bar kit that uses Delrin bushings instead of the heim joints if you plan on street driving a fair amount?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Beefcake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
owner Beefcake Racing
thats always a personal choice, heim work better, delrin is quieter......

there isn't a downside to shock relocation, all depends on the tire your gonna run

i have the 315/55/17 on right now , stock location and 0 issues. so not sure how big you plan on goin

Sponsored

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
thats always a personal choice, heim work better, delrin is quieter......

there isn't a downside to shock relocation, all depends on the tire your gonna run

i have the 315/55/17 on right now , stock location and 0 issues. so not sure how big you plan on goin
That's what I figured between the heims vs the delrin. Another thing I didn't consider is that I'll be driving this in the winter, so I don't think the heim joints will last on top of the fact it's going to be daily driven on the street.

I sent IHC a message and they said the helper bags can't be used with the traction bars or the shock relocation kit because it limits the travel on the bags and causes a harsh ride. I was gonna email Ridetech as well and see if it's the same for their setup. I didn't really want to have to pick between traction bars/shock relocation or helper bags.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Beefcake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
owner Beefcake Racing
That's what I figured between the heims vs the delrin. Another thing I didn't consider is that I'll be driving this in the winter, so I don't think the heim joints will last on top of the fact it's going to be daily driven on the street.

I sent IHC a message and they said the helper bags can't be used with the traction bars or the shock relocation kit because it limits the travel on the bags and causes a harsh ride. I was gonna email Ridetech as well and see if it's the same for their setup. I didn't really want to have to pick between traction bars/shock relocation or helper bags.
Delrin will probably hold up better on a daily driven application that is going to see a lot of dirt and moisture. but for track us a heim is the way to go for sure. But yeah i knew the bags didnt work with the relocation. we hadnt tried running them with the traction bars.

ridetech is nice too.

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Delrin will probably hold up better on a daily driven application that is going to see a lot of dirt and moisture. but for track us a heim is the way to go for sure. But yeah i knew the bags didnt work with the relocation. we hadnt tried running them with the traction bars.

ridetech is nice too.
I sent Ridetech a message as well to see what they have to say about their kit. If I can't run helper bags with traction bars or the shock relocation that will probably change my choice of things. The only thing I know for sure is I don't wanna use Belltech's spindles due to wheel clearance, and most likely I don't wanna use a traction bar kit that uses heim joints as they most likely will not last long on a daily driver that sees dirt and moisture.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Beefcake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
owner Beefcake Racing
heim joints don't typically wear out though, you just need to grease or lube them to keep them nice. i haven't noticed any sound out of the vas traction bars, again, i can never say enough good things about the vas 3/5. we sell all the brands, but from installing multiple brands over the years I just love love the ride / hookup with it.

but again, we'll customize however you need

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
heim joints don't typically wear out though, you just need to grease or lube them to keep them nice. i haven't noticed any sound out of the vas traction bars, again, i can never say enough good things about the vas 3/5. we sell all the brands, but from installing multiple brands over the years I just love love the ride / hookup with it.

but again, we'll customize however you need
Does VAS offer a helper bag kit at all? I'm assuming it wouldn't work with the traction bars though, like everyone else seems to say. I'm just surprised the VAS kit would be that good because it's fairly "cheap."

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Beefcake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Occupation
owner Beefcake Racing
Does VAS offer a helper bag kit at all? I'm assuming it wouldn't work with the traction bars though, like everyone else seems to say. I'm just surprised the VAS kit would be that good because it's fairly "cheap."

VAS doesnt not offer a helper bag kit. I do have guys running the vas 3/5 kit with the ihc helper bags but only with the stock location kit. does not work with the relocation kit.

Last edited:

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I run stock 17" wheels on mine when I go to Mexico. I have two sets. They are inexpensive and relatively light.
Sponsored