Sponsored

What "features" do you turn off?

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I'm surprised at some of the choices too.

I love almost all the features.

I had rain sensing turned off but since I'll likely never use a car wash with brushes, turned it back on and its fine. I don't get dry wipes like some others. If I did, I would definitely turn it off.

I have the rear occupants warning disabled and Auto hold disabled (same complaint as others). Far as I know, everything else is on.

It is a bit of a pain to get used to not carrying the keys, in order to not wake the truck every time I walk past but turning welcome lighting off doesn't stop that, just kills the lights so ...

As for the hands on the wheel thing, I get that too but I think maybe an update changed something about it?

It never did take much of a jiggle to satisfy it but it doesn't seem to trigger near as much as it used to.
Sponsored

Last edited:

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
I need to turn off the rear seat warning, very annoying. Half the stuff you guys turn off I don't think my truck even has, lol. Auto HL are a mixed bag. They kinda work but I'm often overriding them. At least I can- the auto HL in my Nissan were so bad and you couldn't override them. Lane keeping is off and I haven't noticed if the emergency braking is on or not. That did work well in my Nissan and kept me from driving through the wall in my garage one time when I was on the phone and distracted and put the truck in drive instead of reverse, lol.

maxhunter

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 xlt fx4
Occupation
IT
Pretty much everything turned off. Auto hold, lane keep, reverse brake assist, cross traffic alert, reverse sensors. Auto start/stop I turn off every time until I permanently disable with Forscan. I think the only thing I left on is the emergency braking, but with the lowest sensitivity setting.
You could have saved a lot of money if you just bought a basic truck since you dont want any features!

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
You could have saved a lot of money if you just bought a basic truck since you dont want any features!
I did. RCSB XL is the most basic F150 you can buy. It just happens to come with all these features I don’t care about. At least it’s an option to turn them off!

Chappy133

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat 3.5 EB
Occupation
Retired US Army
I only turned off the rear child safety reminder but don't worry in six months it will reminder you again.

Sponsored

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Configure the dash and get rid of the seatbelt display on. Auto hold I turn off unless I'm in some long line which is rare. The rest I don't mind, sometimes lane keep can be annoying on side streets when the lines are all jumbled but I generally do enjoy and use Lane centering on highway drives. Rain sensing wipers have worked fine for me, not perfect but good enough to let it be.

Id recommend to take the 1200 miles to sorta see what you do and dont like then go from there.

WMJ

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lariat
I'm surprised at some of the choices too.

I love almost all the features.

I had rain sensing turned off but since I'll likely never use a car wash with brushes, turned it back on and its fine. I don't get dry wipes like some others. If I did, I would definitely turn it off.

I have the rear occupants warning disabled and Auto hold disabled (same complaint as others). Far as I know, everything else is on.

It is a bit of a pain to get used to not carrying the keys, in order to not wake the truck every time I walk past but turning welcome lighting off doesn't stop that, just kills the lights so ...

As for the hands on the wheel thing, I get that too but I think maybe an update changed something about it?

It never did take much of a jiggle to satisfy it but it doesn't seem to trigger near as much as it used to.
i agree for the most part. I love all the features and wish I had more. I bought my ‘23 Lariat off the lot and wish I had rain sensing wipers. I had them on several cars before my truck and living in SW Florida during rainy season they always. Some in handy. I also wish I had adaptive cruise control.

Things I turned off or should I say thing? I turned off the rear seat reminder. That’s it. I use every feature and I also read the manual from front to back.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
i agree for the most part. I love all the features and wish I had more. I bought my ‘23 Lariat off the lot and wish I had rain sensing wipers. I had them on several cars before my truck and living in SW Florida during rainy season they always. Some in handy. I also wish I had adaptive cruise control.

Things I turned off or should I say thing? I turned off the rear seat reminder. That’s it. I use every feature and I also read the manual from front to back.
Hmmm. My 23 Lariat is a 501a and has both rain sensing wipers and adaptive cruise.

js312

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Director
I have the rear seat child minder, the welcome lighting (only because it kicks the running boards out, which is too much), and wireless Android Auto. I only use Android Auto on trips and I hated that it automatically popped up on every drive - if I'm on a trip, I might as well just plug the phone in so it'll charge.

Hold and rain sensing wipers.
I think hold was off by default in my truck, or the dealer turned it off.

I thought I was going to disable rain sensing wipers since the ones in my 2020 were hyper-sensitive. They work great in my 2023, though, so I've left them on.
Sponsored