Welcome lighting/ approach lighting

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a new f150 xlt (with 302a high package) powerboost. The dealer said when you walk close to the truck with the key fab the lights will come on. This hasn’t been the case. Key fab works to unlock door with keyless entry on the handle but it doesn’t light up when I get within that 5-6’ like it is supposed to. Welcome lighting is toggled ‘on’ in the vehicle settings. Any ideas how to fix it?
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 302a has it and it works as advertised. I don't remember how I turned it on though, sorry.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Make sure the option is turned on in truck settings. I don't know if it's approach or welcome lighting. You can turn it on and off

Sponsored

Hectort713

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor
Settings - vehicle settings - lighting - welcome lighting.

hopefully this works

OP
OP
DMuiser

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Settings - vehicle settings - lighting - welcome lighting.

hopefully this works
Been there it says it’s set to on, tried shutting it off and turning back on but hasn’t changed anything. Lights come on if I unlock with the key but not as I approach the vehicle with the key fob

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
Where is your other key fob? If the other fob is in the truck, or too close to the truck, it can cause this behavior.

OP
OP
DMuiser

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Where is your other key fob? If the other fob is in the truck, or too close to the truck, it can cause this behavior.
Currently in a different province as I am home for the holidays so that’s not the problem.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Having a similar issue with 501a, but I was also messing with FORscan (Brighter DRL, Bambi mode) so thinking it wasn’t happy with that? My puddle and rear surround lights come on when I approach but not the front DRL. I don’t really remember what else is supposed to come on, I think the front DRL and reverse lights?

Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Just to follow up I reset the BCM and my welcome lighting worked. (Reverse tailgate light, puddle lights, DRLs) I accidentally changed the DRL to off (x0x0 instead of x1x1). I did the brighter DRL change to x2x2 after and decided I like it this time. Will follow up if it acts up again.

OP
OP
DMuiser

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
embarrassing but after a couple weeks of not being able to figure it out I tried to lock the doors and realized they wouldn’t lock so I started looking an the other key fob had fallen under the seat.

Brobones

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PowerBoost 6.5' Box
Occupation
Machinist
It could be the FOB itself. Not all FOBS are the same if you remove the emergency key from the FOB look on that end and compare your FOBs. I have 3 FOBS for my truck the two that work with the approach lighting have printing in the FOB, the 3rd FOB does not have this printing and the approach lighting does not work when I approach the truck.

OP
OP
DMuiser

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It could be the FOB itself. Not all FOBS are the same if you remove the emergency key from the FOB look on that end and compare your FOBs. I have 3 FOBS for my truck the two that work with the approach lighting have printing in the FOB, the 3rd FOB does not have this printing and the approach lighting does not work when I approach the truck.
Thanks but figured it out. There was another set of keys under my driver seat which was not allowing it to work
Sponsored