Sponsored

Key proximity triggering zone lighting?

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Okay I was outside smoking a cigar, and every so often all the zone lighting lights would light up. I have a walk in basement, and if you look at the picture you will see a basement window right next to the truck. Right in front of that window I have a desk where I throw my wallet and keys, when I enter the house. Are the zone lights going on cause the keys are to close to the truck ?
Ford F-150 Key proximity triggering zone lighting? 3BB20656-965C-4A50-ABF3-B204209B3244
Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Okay I was outside smoking a cigar, and every so often all the zone lighting lights would light up. I have a walk in basement, and if you look at the picture you will see a basement window right next to the truck. Right in front of that window I have a desk where I throw my wallet and keys, when I enter the house. Are the zone lights going on cause the keys are to close to the truck ?
3BB20656-965C-4A50-ABF3-B204209B3244.jpeg
Good guess, could be a UFO!

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Good guess, could be a UFO!
I would say yes. Every time I go into the garage my courtesy lights come on and the running boards go down. I was going to turn off the running boards from deploying upon approach, but that also turns off the courtesy lights.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I'm 99% sure what you're seeing is the "welcome lighting" feature. This, by design, activates the perimeter lighting when you approach the locked truck with the fob in your possession. It does NOT, however, unlock the vehicle unless you hit the fob button or activate passive entry via the door handle.

This can be disabled in the sync settings, although once I confirmed that it does not actually unlock the truck, I actually like the feature. Even if I might not necessarily need it to light my way in a dark parking lot, I will say it's pretty darn cool that my driveway lights up for me every time I roll my trash bins past the truck! :LOL:

OP
OP
imgone10

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm 99% sure what you're seeing is the "welcome lighting" feature. This, by design, activates the perimeter lighting when you approach the locked truck with the fob in your possession. It does NOT, however, unlock the vehicle unless you hit the fob button or activate passive entry via the door handle.

This can be disabled in the sync settings, although once I confirmed that it does not actually unlock the truck, I actually like the feature. Even if I might not necessarily need it to light my way in a dark parking lot, I will say it's pretty darn cool that my driveway lights up for me every time I roll my trash bins past the truck! :LOL:
Yes but as stated above the key fob was not in my possession, it was in the house.

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Yes but as stated above the key fob was not in my possession, it was in the house.
Maybe it was "close enough" to your truck.
I am usually surprised when the truck lights up and I'm still about 6'+ from the tailgate.

OP
OP
imgone10

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maybe it was "close enough" to your truck.
I am usually surprised when the truck lights up and I'm still about 6'+ from the tailgate.
That is what I assume, I no longer leave my keys on my desk. I have them on the other side of the house.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I never (hardly ever) take my keys out of my pocket for anything other than moving them from one pair of jeans to the next. My wife’s Acura will turn on the ‘welcome lighting’, but if you don’t open a door, it will ignore the presence of the keys (not relight them) if you are within it proximity, which seems to be a pretty large area. I will be deep in the Synch4 figuring out how to limit lights/running board on day one.
Sponsored