• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 5 or 6? Order invitation received today (Tuesday). Ordered Lariat SR - regret ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Just got an email and text from Ford for ordering a 2022 F150L !

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 5 or 6? Order invitation received today (Tuesday).  Ordered Lariat SR - regret ? Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 3.33.35 PM

Order only showed Lariat and Platinum trims.

Ordered a base Lariat SR.

Now I am thinking regretting getting:
20" wheels
Running boards
Leather interior

All of which goes against the XLT that I really wanted (18", no running boards for better breakover, and cloth for hot weather)

Well let's see how this truck does for me - maybe I'll flip it if I am not happy - my wife's MME is also being made so let's see what the wife says...
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 5 or 6? Order invitation received today (Tuesday).  Ordered Lariat SR - regret ? Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 3.25.13 PM

Ford took my deposit so it's now a waiting game!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Congrats! This might mean that either people canceled orders or there are more parts available

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Congrats Pat....buyers remorse already LOL. Take off the running boards...Bolt on some nice wheels with BFG's of your choice.. Seat covers and go FISHIN!

I got caught off guard today with a invite thinking I would wait and buy what you planned. Now I'm thinking what the hell...I ain't getting any younger and you can't take it with you. Now.....will I regret a bunch of features I don't really want with a 5K ADM on top. Gonna meet my dealer Thursday to discuss. Certainly we could walk away later or sell it without too much of a loss. I'm thinking I'll end up with a Silverado but maybe not. Gotta go crunch numbers..Decisions Decisions...Rough life in America...
Cheers,Scott

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Congrats Pat....buyers remorse already LOL. Take off the running boards...Bolt on some nice wheels with BFG's of your choice.. Seat covers and go FISHIN!

I got caught off guard today with a invite thinking I would wait and buy what you planned. Now I'm thinking what the hell...I ain't getting any younger and you can't take it with you. Now.....will I regret a bunch of features I don't really want with a 5K ADM on top. Gonna meet my dealer Thursday to discuss. Certainly we could walk away later or sell it without too much of a loss. I'm thinking I'll end up with a Silverado but maybe not. Gotta go crunch numbers..Decisions Decisions...Rough life in America...
Cheers,Scott
Thanks Scott!

Yes, you are correct, all the items I mentioned can be changed!

As for your dealer charging ADM, I would contact another dealer and have Ford move it to another dealer that doesn't charge ADM.

I know that Ford would be happy to transfer the delivery to another dealer that didn't overcharge their customers.

I had to call my dealer up today to confirm they are no ADM and they confirmed - all customer ordered cars are sold as MSRP.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
Well let's see how this truck does for me - maybe I'll flip it if I am not happy - my wife's MME is also being made so let's see what the wife says...

[/QUOTE]
We are getting this truck for my husband because he is jealous of my MME! Your wife is going to love hers when she gets it! I've had mine for nearly a year and it's still puts a huge smile on my face every time I hit the accelerator! I can imagine the Lightning is going to have the same effect on the husband as well! Good luck to us all on the waiting!!

Sponsored

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Congratulations on the order! I think you made a good choice going with the Lariat, almost no down side in my opinion.

I'm with Ken Grody BP also, made it in the wave #4 order and now I'm hoping to get a production schedule this Thursday, or in the next two weeks.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
We are getting this truck for my husband because he is jealous of my MME! Your wife is going to love hers when she gets it! I've had mine for nearly a year and it's still puts a huge smile on my face every time I hit the accelerator! I can imagine the Lightning is going to have the same effect on the husband as well! Good luck to us all on the waiting!!
[/QUOTE]
Yup - exactly this! I love driving my Wife's Mach-e - in many situations even more so than my GT350! I can't wait to get my Lightning!

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Congratulations on the order! I think you made a good choice going with the Lariat, almost no down side in my opinion.

I'm with Ken Grody BP also, made it in the wave #4 order and now I'm hoping to get a production schedule this Thursday, or in the next two weeks.
Thanks - I hope so - $70K is a steep price for an F150.

Glad to hear you have an order thru Ken Grody as well.

Do keep us updated on the progress of your order.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Glad to hear your MME has been good to you. The wife is looking forward to hers with matching color MME and F150L.

We have graduated into EVs after 4 years with a PHEV and learned a lot.

Frankly, I think a PHEV is a perfect "stepping stone" for those that complain about lack of range or running out of charge if it's their first EV.

Don't know the status of parts & module availability for either model but
I wonder which one will arrive first - MME or F150L ??
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 5 or 6? Order invitation received today (Tuesday).  Ordered Lariat SR - regret ? Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 6.56.17 AM

Last edited:

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Glad to hear your MME has been good to you. The wife is looking forward to hers with matching color MME and F150L.

Frankly, I think a PHEV is a perfect "stepping stone" for those that complain about lack of range or running out of charge if it's their first EV.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 6.56.17 AM.png
Phev is the gateway drug...We will not own another car without a plug. Having a phev gives me "gas anxiety". How to keep the engine from turning on and not use gas (easier with a Chevy volt than Volvo XC90 PHEV).

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 6.56.17 AM.png
The wife and I have an Iced Blue MME (Prem ER AWD) and Atlas Blue Lightning (Lariat ER) on order. MME was ordered in early January and no build date yet... gonna guess the Lightnings come in first.

Congratulations on sneaking your MME order in before price hikes, btw. Ours would have been $5,000 more. Just looked for cash offers on our ID.4 and we're seeing we could make a small profit on it. So weird.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Phev is the gateway drug...We will not own another car without a plug. Having a phev gives me "gas anxiety". How to keep the engine from turning on and not use gas (easier with a Chevy volt than Volvo XC90 PHEV).
My biggest concern with PHEV is all of the extra maintenance, especially if you can avoid running the engine very much. Gas with ethanol just doesn't that long and can gum an engine pretty good if you only have to get a tank once a year or so....

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My biggest concern with PHEV is all of the extra maintenance, especially if you can avoid running the engine very much. Gas with ethanol just doesn't that long and can gum an engine pretty good if you only have to get a tank once a year or so....
Ethanol free premium... Also the car runs the engine if the gas sits for too long (about 6 months) I'd rather just have the EV. The Volvo usually runs for about a minute if the temperature is below 50 and it has been unplugged all day (even if there is enough charge to get home. grrrr). This probably leads to oil dilution (fuel and condensation from barely warming a cold engine). Occasionally it will get driven for long periods of time/trips and that is when having the ice is great.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
We will not own another car without a plug.
I know the feeling! We know we've already bought our last ICE vehicle (perhaps last ICE anything... mower is battery now too), now the question is going to be, "When have we driven an ICE vehicle for the last time?'. The rental car companies are buying into EVs big time and even my folks in their 70's are going electric. Times are changing!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I know the feeling! We know we've already bought our last ICE vehicle (perhaps last ICE anything... mower is battery now too), now the question is going to be, "When have we driven an ICE vehicle for the last time?'. The rental car companies are buying into EVs big time and even my folks in their 70's are going electric. Times are changing!
I get the appeal, but I have also been considering a classic car as a weekender / show car / something to wrench on for fun. I am going to sell my GT350 next summer and should clear enough to buy a decent quality early 1970's Mustang (always my favorite look). Not sure if I am going to do that though, having one less vehicle to manage has it's appeal too.
Sponsored