Sponsored

Upgrading 8" Instrument Panel Cluster to 12" Digital Panel Cluster

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Hey, just had a couple of questions for those who have done this swap. Please move if this belongs in a different sub-forum.

I'm looking at upgrading my 8" IPC to the 12" IPC in the Lariat.

1. For programming the new IPC, do I just load my Forscan as built from my existing cluster, along with the current hours/idle hours/odometer? Or do I need to use FDRS to get the module going?

2. I'm having trouble finding the part number for the new IPC. Originally I had ML3Z-10849-CD through Google, but going on Ford Parts it's telling me that for a Lariat and above built during the time my XLT was built at Kansas City, I should be looking for PL3Z-10849-B, PL3Z-10849-C... the latest revision is PL3Z-10849-H. Not sure what the revisions mean outside of the obvious Tremor/Raptor specific ones. Just wondering what y'all used and how you got there. Also, the Tremor cluster is cheaper than the standard cluster, somehow. Can I use that instead?

4. Just wanted to confirm the additional following parts for the swap:

Top Cover - ML3Z-15044F58-BF
Top Cover - ML3Z -15044D70-BJ
Cluster Bezel - ML3Z-15044D70-BB

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
@Livnitup is the way to go for clusters. If you want to source your own, that is fine. He will do all the programming for you to make it plug and play. I used his services to upgrade to the 8" in my '18 sport special edition and can't recommend him enough.