WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
Hey guys,

I've got my truck pulled apart at the kick panel and before I start up on this install I went to confirm the color key I have for my upfitter switches. To my surprise, when I checked for 12V at the matching wire (there being a set of same color wires above the passenger kick panel) I have no voltage. I'm looking for the solution myself now, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions. I can confirm the exterior bundle is working fine. I can't see this set of six wires going to anything else, much less having identical color patterns and wire caps for any other reason but the missing voltage is strange.

Thanks!
-W
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
There are two sets under the battery. One is covered in black tape and one in red. The red taped bundle is the one you want if you’re wiring in the engine bay and is the where voltage is. The other set in black is just a pass through to the interior. If you connect the black taped wire to the matching red taped wire then the corresponding wire in the passenger kick panel will have voltage. If you don’t connect the red tape wire to the black tape wire, there will be no voltage in the kick panel.

Your owners manual has more details.

OP
OP
WBravo

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
There are two sets under the battery. One is covered in black tape and one in red. The red taped bundle is the one you want if you’re wiring in the engine bay and is the where voltage is. The other set in black is just a pass through to the interior. If you connect the black taped wire to the matching red taped wire then the corresponding wire in the passenger kick panel will have voltage. If you don’t connect the red tape wire to the black tape wire, there will be no voltage in the kick panel.

Your owners manual has more details.
Ah, beautiful. Thank you very much for the information, I know exactly the bundle you're talking about. I'll pull that loose and make the connections and test again. I greatly appreciate the assistance!
Sponsored