Uses for the auxiliary switches?

Kenn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Lariat
I plan to stuff an LED bar into the front grill somewhere, so the switches are perfect for that, but unless I decide to put on a winch what else are they good for. (Other than looking cool of course.)
Sponsored

Fordtheriver

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Rock lights, a pillar light pods, onboard air system, maybe a train horn, maybe interior ambient lighting kit. If I didn’t have a sunroof coming on mine, I’d consider putting in fiber optic star roof.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
I plan to stuff an LED bar into the front grill somewhere, so the switches are perfect for that, but unless I decide to put on a winch what else are they good for. (Other than looking cool of course.)
Mine are winch, air, HAM radio, front spots, side and rear spots and rear floods. I need one more switch...

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine are winch, air, HAM radio, front spots, side and rear spots and rear floods. I need one more switch...
Going to be a dumb question. What is the Switch for the Winch for? Is it to cut off power to the winch?

Sponsored

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Going to be a dumb question. What is the Switch for the Winch for? Is it to cut off power to the winch?
Yup. I'll connect that to a solid state relay. Same with the ARB twin compressor. Everything else is pretty standard/direct connect.

geeked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Marketing
I was thinking the following but I am not sure if turning the switches off will cause loss of memory for radios and other electronics.

HAM/CB radio and a dash cam.

geeked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Marketing
Mind sharing a photo of your HAM radio install? I am not sure where to put mine and I don't want to be drilling holes in my dash. Is there a good install for the center console? I was thinking out of sight out of mind for thieves. I thought installing in there would be the perfect place for it. I'll get a subtle antenna and have it installed on the back tailgate closest to the passenger side.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
What AMP switch do you have the winch on?

I didn't think the auxiliary switches had enough for it.
Sponsored