Sponsored

Tremor Towing Stickers (Door Jam Labels)

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Has anyone seen the towing specs in the door jams for any of these tremors hitting dealer lots? Any links or pics + window sticker would be awesome. I bet there are a few people looking for this info for tremor specific towing
Sponsored

James Dean

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4. 2015 Corvette 2018 Ford Explorer

James Dean

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4. 2015 Corvette 2018 Ford Explorer
I called the dealership and was told that both are in transit. Just the window stickers are available. They told me when they arrive the'll give me a call. I'll make sure to get some pictures and post them. I really want to see an F-150 Tremor up close and in person.

OP
OP

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
I called the dealership and was told that both are in transit. Just the window stickers are available. They told me when they arrive the'll give me a call. I'll make sure to get some pictures and post them. I really want to see an F-150 Tremor up close and in person.
Same here in Atlanta, right now there are 25 dealer orders on fords website, none are at the dealerships. All appear to be 402a. I haven't seen a door jam sticker

If tow specs are good I might bump up to 402a

Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same here in Atlanta, right now there are 25 dealer orders on fords website, none are at the dealerships. All appear to be 402a. I haven't seen a door jam sticker

If tow specs are good I might bump up to 402a
Are you aware that if you get assigned a Vin# , you CANNOT change anything on your order? Supposedly they are going to start assigning Vin#s on Retail Tremor orders TOMORROW. So IF you're thinking about going to a 402a, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get on the phone with your salesman ASAP. Don't wait until tomorrow morning

OP
OP

LeadfootTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Are you aware that if you get assigned a Vin# , you CANNOT change anything on your order? Supposedly they are going to start assigning Vin#s on Retail Tremor orders TOMORROW. So IF you're thinking about going to a 402a, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get on the phone with your salesman ASAP. Don't wait until tomorrow morning
I am aware I can not change anything once a VIN is issued. I need more towing than I need heated and cooled seats!

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am aware I can not change anything once a VIN is issued. I need more towing than I need heated and cooled seats!
Then opt for the Trailer Tow Package on ANY of the 3 and you will be guaranteed to be good to go for up to 10,9K#

Towing and payload is #1 reason I would go Tremor before Raptor. XLT with Max Trailer Tow Package (which is what I'll probably end up with) is actually better. But the Tremor and 10,9K is plenty.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Then opt for the Trailer Tow Package on ANY of the 3 and you will be guaranteed to be good to go for up to 10,9K#

Towing and payload is #1 reason I would go Tremor before Raptor. XLT with Max Trailer Tow Package (which is what I'll probably end up with) is actually better. But the Tremor and 10,9K is plenty.
Not necessarily. If you tow 10.9 k you will need 1,000+ pounds of tongue weight, which with some Tremors that have only 1,500 of total payload capacity, leaves you with only 500 pounds for passengers and luggage. Two big guys and you are done, zero luggage and nothing in the bed at all.

My PowerBoost has 1,140 payload and has a 12,700-pound towing limit. But guess what? That towing rating is a virtual IMPOSSIBILITY because a trailer that weighs that much has a proper tongue weight that exceeds my truck's entire payload rating, without a driver or any passengers and luggage - so the tow rating means nothing - it is a complete lie - to use it would violate the warranty.

Ford has a lot of hidden language that buyers must understand. One that really got me is the 5,000-pound tow weight limit on ALL of its F-150 hitches, no matter what towing package you buy, unless you use a weight-distributing hitch, in which case the hitch is rated as high as 14,000 pounds. But boat trailers are mostly incompatible with weight distribution hitches, and almost no one towing a boat uses one, so if your boat and trailer combo exceed 5,000 pounds (hell, my boat FUEL weighs 1,400 pounds), you are violating your warranty if towing.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
some Tremors that have only 1,500 of total payload capacity
Has a 1500 pound payload been confirmed anywhere? With the exception of the sun roof, 2k generator and maybe a extra heavy spray of bed liner, I'm not sure the options weigh all that much over the baseline of 1885# payload. I seem to remember the extra spring, 2k generator, bed liner and leather seats are in the 180# range total. I found the options weight calculator somewhere that was pretty helpful before I put my order in.

One that really got me is the 5,000-pound tow weight limit on ALL of its F-150 hitches
I seem to remember something about all conventional towing over 5000 requires a LD hitch for all manufacturers regardless of the tow rating. that may be limited to the 1/2 ton segment, though.

Sponsored

kippita2001

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Has a 1500 pound payload been confirmed anywhere? With the exception of the sun roof, 2k generator and maybe a extra heavy spray of bed liner, I'm not sure the options weigh all that much over the baseline of 1885# payload. I seem to remember the extra spring, 2k generator, bed liner and leather seats are in the 180# range total. I found the options weight calculator somewhere that was pretty helpful before I put my order in.
There hasn't been any Tremor tow stickers or confirmed payloads yet(outside of the 1800# max in the ford documents). I'm sure we'll start seeing them as the dealer ordered trucks get delivered.

I'll be very happy if a loaded 402A still has 1500+ payload.

nbaylot46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Not necessarily. If you tow 10.9 k you will need 1,000+ pounds of tongue weight, which with some Tremors that have only 1,500 of total payload capacity, leaves you with only 500 pounds for passengers and luggage. Two big guys and you are done, zero luggage and nothing in the bed at all.

My PowerBoost has 1,140 payload and has a 12,700-pound towing limit. But guess what? That towing rating is a virtual IMPOSSIBILITY because a trailer that weighs that much has a proper tongue weight that exceeds my truck's entire payload rating, without a driver or any passengers and luggage - so the tow rating means nothing - it is a complete lie - to use it would violate the warranty.

Ford has a lot of hidden language that buyers must understand. One that really got me is the 5,000-pound tow weight limit on ALL of its F-150 hitches, no matter what towing package you buy, unless you use a weight-distributing hitch, in which case the hitch is rated as high as 14,000 pounds. But boat trailers are mostly incompatible with weight distribution hitches, and almost no one towing a boat uses one, so if your boat and trailer combo exceed 5,000 pounds (hell, my boat FUEL weighs 1,400 pounds), you are violating your warranty if towing.
Payload police are annoying.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
There hasn't been any Tremor tow stickers or confirmed payloads yet(outside of the 1800# max in the ford documents). I'm sure we'll start seeing them as the dealer ordered trucks get delivered.

I'll be very happy if a loaded 402A still has 1500+ payload.
That's the number I'm shooting for. But I'm also prepared to remove those steps and the back seat if needed
Sponsored