Sponsored

Transmission whine/howl on decel at highway speeds (60+ mph)

jridout325

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I have a 2022 with the 5.0, It currently has 26k on it so I'm still in the warranty window. Around 18k miles it had a rear pinion seal go out and that was kind of a fiasco, had to go back to the dealer multiple times for them to get it right because the rear end was whining after they did the seal replacement. Shortly after all this I noticed a howl/whine when coasting at highway speeds (60+) mph and it seems to go away when it shifts down to 7th gear or you put your foot back on the accelerator. My immediate thought was the rear end again so I took it back to the dealer and they are adamant that its the transmission pump making the noise and its normal. I really don't believe that but I've been driving it like that for the past 7-8k miles and it seems to be getting louder, still the same symptoms but just louder. Has anyone had experience with this before? Is the 10r80 really that noisy like the dealer claims? The truck runs flawlessly other than this issue. I'm just wanting to get this taken care of now so I'm not stuck with a huge bill after the warranty is up.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2022 with the 5.0, It currently has 26k on it so I'm still in the warranty window. Around 18k miles it had a rear pinion seal go out and that was kind of a fiasco, had to go back to the dealer multiple times for them to get it right because the rear end was whining after they did the seal replacement. Shortly after all this I noticed a howl/whine when coasting at highway speeds (60+) mph and it seems to go away when it shifts down to 7th gear or you put your foot back on the accelerator. My immediate thought was the rear end again so I took it back to the dealer and they are adamant that its the transmission pump making the noise and its normal. I really don't believe that but I've been driving it like that for the past 7-8k miles and it seems to be getting louder, still the same symptoms but just louder. Has anyone had experience with this before? Is the 10r80 really that noisy like the dealer claims? The truck runs flawlessly other than this issue. I'm just wanting to get this taken care of now so I'm not stuck with a huge bill after the warranty is up.
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with? I would like to look into your noise concern on my end.