• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Transferring to a new dealer question.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I am looking for a dealer close to me that won't charge adm. I asked a GM what my position would be in the reservation list and he responded with this.

I don’t think your order can leap frog orders that we already have in our bank. If it can, I would not be comfortable with that
It would be dumb if I would be behind someone 3 month reservation. I don't believe he can modify any of the order positions in his order bank. I haven't responded but I wanted to say it's too bad you aren't comfortable with it.
Sponsored

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
This is how this going to work after talked to Ford Rep last time.

1. Priority List (most deal will do Priority List, these are the people who's going to get their conversation opportunity regardless of the timestamp)

2. Time Stamp - The priority purely depend on the time you made your reservation. Dealer can't change that, it's directly from Ford. However , they will know ahead of most consumers. (that means bad ethics could happen from the dealer)

3. Ford dealer purchases - Dealer will receive some number of Trucks (Demos for example) , they can sell these after certain agreed time frame. Mostly to VIP customers or huge ADMs.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Yep, that’s pretty much it. Your order in line at the dealership is based on timestamp, with the exception of VIPs that the dealership may have prioritized. If you transfer to a dealership, you will leapfrog anyone in line that has a later time stamp than you. As for prioritized orders, they had to submit their priority list to Ford back on December 17 and can’t modify it at this point. Ford sends the invites directly to the reservation holder (customer) and the allocation is tied to that customer’s order. The dealership has no power to do anything with that allocation or the order.

The dealership sets the pricing and can enter that pricing online for you to configure and place your order through the online system. Or they can require that you come in and finalize in person. They can choose to not accept your order, which is basically a means to delay if pricing can’t be agreed on. But if they’re not acting in good faith, you can talk to Ford about it and they will move you to another dealership and may move the allocation with you. The dealership can’t just reassign the order to someone else, the system doesn’t work that way.

If the dealership finalizes and accepts your order online, that pricing is set according to Ford. They can’t alter the deal from there…. Some dealerships will undoubtedly try or will attempt to force a customer into buying aftermarket add-ons and such, all of which is not OK and most likely won’t end well for the dealerships who try this. …Also why some dealerships want people to come in and finalize the deal in person when ordering. Essentially so they can strong-arm their customers into a bad deal.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The prioritization of customers was dumb to begin with. Dealers still dont understand that they dont control customer invites to order. They think that by using the prioritization option they have control of who orders. For example, the Dealer I was supposed to order from wanted to play games and add $5K ADM after promising MSRP. Before I placed my order I moved my order to an MSRP dealer. The original dealer sent me a text saying the managers decided to sell at MSRP and if I would still be interested in ordering. When I told them I had already ordered at another dealer they wanted to know which dealer and that I was set a priority #4 at their dealer and moving somewhere else would take back down to the bottom of the list. Basically clueless on how this all works....smh.... I am assuming my original dealer hasn't had any reservations converted to orders.

OP
OP

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Thanks for all the info! Final question, the dealers can't have different adm for each customer right? I am of the understanding that their order system will let them set adm for ford.com orders but they can't tweak for each person? So if their first orders have adm then they all will have it?

Sponsored

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Here is what happened to me. I placed my original order in Sept 2021 with a local dealer. Even with an order, I was constantly looking at on the lot inventory for dealers within 100 miles. One day another local dealer had a 2021 F150 Limited on the lot. I ordered a platinum, but would have been just as happy with the Limited. Test drove, but did not buy the limited. Lots of $$$ plus they refused to honor x-plan pricing on readily available inventory.

A few days later, the Limited dealer called and let me know that one of their customers had just cancelled their order. He asked if I wanted that position in the queue. Because no VIN had been issued, I was able to take that order and still make modifications. Within that month my vehicle gets issued a VIN and I am assigned a 1-31-2022 Build Date.

By taking that cancelled order position I leapfrogged my position. I'm convinced that if I stayed with the original dealer, I'd still be waiting for a build date.

This past weekend I was notified that my truck was in Production. I hope to take delivery by the end of February or early March. F150 Platinum Powerboost, Iconic Silver w black leather.

Therefore, my unsolicited advice is that you may want to reach out to a few dealers and let them know you are interested in taking over an existing order if a customer decides to cancel. I am very happy our other local dealer came back to me when his customer cancelled.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Thanks for all the info! Final question, the dealers can't have different adm for each customer right? I am of the understanding that their order system will let them set adm for ford.com orders but they can't tweak for each person? So if their first orders have adm then they all will have it?
Their pricing on the online order system is set I believe. But they can change the ADM they charge at will. It might cause problems with ford and allocations if it got bad enough, but I don’t think there is anything in place to stop it.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
That is a good question, I'm not sure if they can customize pricing for each order or not. But I think they can.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
The prioritization of customers was dumb to begin with. Dealers still dont understand that they dont control customer invites to order. They think that by using the prioritization option they have control of who orders. For example, the Dealer I was supposed to order from wanted to play games and add $5K ADM after promising MSRP. Before I placed my order I moved my order to an MSRP dealer. The original dealer sent me a text saying the managers decided to sell at MSRP and if I would still be interested in ordering. When I told them I had already ordered at another dealer they wanted to know which dealer and that I was set a priority #4 at their dealer and moving somewhere else would take back down to the bottom of the list. Basically clueless on how this all works....smh.... I am assuming my original dealer hasn't had any reservations converted to orders.
So you were on a priority list and moved between reservation and submitting the order? And kept the allocation and were allowed to order immediately? I’m afraid my dealership may try to surprise with ADM or add-ons and am curious what would happen if the dealer surprised a buyer with those charges AFTER the order is already submitted with that dealership. Hoping one could either report them to ford or swap order to new dealer.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Here is what happened to me. I placed my original order in Sept 2021 with a local dealer. Even with an order, I was constantly looking at on the lot inventory for dealers within 100 miles. One day another local dealer had a 2021 F150 Limited on the lot. I ordered a platinum, but would have been just as happy with the Limited. Test drove, but did not buy the limited. Lots of $$$ plus they refused to honor x-plan pricing on readily available inventory.

A few days later, the Limited dealer called and let me know that one of their customers had just cancelled their order. He asked if I wanted that position in the queue. Because no VIN had been issued, I was able to take that order and still make modifications. Within that month my vehicle gets issued a VIN and I am assigned a 1-31-2022 Build Date.

By taking that cancelled order position I leapfrogged my position. I'm convinced that if I stayed with the original dealer, I'd still be waiting for a build date.

This past weekend I was notified that my truck was in Production. I hope to take delivery by the end of February or early March. F150 Platinum Powerboost, Iconic Silver w black leather.

Therefore, my unsolicited advice is that you may want to reach out to a few dealers and let them know you are interested in taking over an existing order if a customer decides to cancel. I am very happy our other local dealer came back to me when his customer cancelled.
Your situation is a non-Lightning...

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So you were on a priority list and moved between reservation and submitting the order? And kept the allocation and were allowed to order immediately? I’m afraid my dealership may try to surprise with ADM or add-ons and am curious what would happen if the dealer surprised a buyer with those charges AFTER the order is already submitted with that dealership. Hoping one could either report them to ford or swap order to new dealer.
I didn’t know I was on a priority list until I received the text last night. I reserved a couple of minutes before the presentation so whether I was prioritized or not didn’t bother me. When I chose my configuration and was getting ready to submit my order I noticed a $3k difference in between MSRP and dealer selling price, before submitting I contacted the dealer and they told me it was supposed to be $5k. From there I logged out of the Ford Order page, called Ford, switched dealers, and placed my order with a new dealer. The original dealer is still waiting for me to place an order with them smh. As far as allocation I am not sure what happens. I was not a late reservation so I am assuming I should still get my truck on time.

As far as changing dealers after you order, I think that is almost impossible.

Last edited:

Fred Ledet

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Electric F150
The dealership I chose as my delivery location, does not have a clue about any of the info that i'm reading on these threads!

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
I’m afraid my dealership may try to surprise with ADM or add-ons and am curious what would happen if the dealer surprised a buyer with those charges AFTER the order is already submitted with that dealership. Hoping one could either report them to ford or swap order to new dealer.
This happened to me. 20 days after ordering and them accepting my order, my dealer called and said that due to low allocations, they are adding huge ADM.

I called Ford customer support and after being transferred multiple times and each person telling me that they couldn’t do anything about it, they said that they would escalate and I would hear back by yesterday. I didn’t. In fact, customer service didn’t even seem to have any way to even report it. At one point, they even transferred me to the marketing team.

I’m beginning to believe the ”leaked“ memo was little more than an empty threat and a PR stunt which has since generated a ton of positive press that will eventually lead to disappointEd customers. I’m calling back today. We’ll see what happens.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
This happened to me. 20 days after ordering and them accepting my order, my dealer called and said that due to low allocations, they are adding huge ADM.

I called Ford customer support and after being transferred multiple times and each person telling me that they couldn’t do anything about it, they said that they would escalate and I would hear back by yesterday. I didn’t. In fact, customer service didn’t even seem to have any way to even report it. At one point, they even transferred me to the marketing team.

I’m beginning to believe the ”leaked“ memo was little more than an empty threat and a PR stunt which has since generated a ton of positive press that will eventually lead to disappointEd customers. I’m calling back today. We’ll see what happens.
Please keep us updated, and I hope it gets resolved. We need to have some ability to combat dealer ADM/add-ons between ordering and delivery. This back-end shadiness is a straight up crime.
Sponsored