Sponsored

Timeline / Trouble getting body parts for repair

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
Hey team,
I wrecked my Powerboost 501A this week pretty severely. I assumed it was totaled, but forgot that it'd take a small fortune (just numerically) in repair costs to actually total it. ("75% of market value).

The good news is that it runs, but there is major body, front-end, and suspension damage.

Any experience or datapoints on whether it'll be months to get parts?

Ford F-150 Timeline / Trouble getting body parts for repair CropperCapture[1030]
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
All depends on the shop and your insurance. Some insurance companies have a new parts only policy for repairs. Others allow for salvage parts as replacements. Depending on that it's up to the shop and their ability to get the parts in and who they shop at. Could be quick but could also take weeks depending on what all needs to be replaced. Dealerships have had a hell of a time getting parts from Ford since they are directing all allocation to production and virtually nothing to the dealerships for repair. That's why it's taking in some cases months for back-order parts to be delivered for service repairs.

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok-- this is what I was looking for, I assume there's almost nil aftermarket and salvage for Gen14.

Just curious if it was really taking months.

" Dealerships have had a hell of a time getting parts from Ford since they are directing all allocation to production and virtually nothing to the dealerships for repair. That's why it's taking in some cases months for back-order parts to be delivered for service repairs. "

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
It really depends, but yes salvage parts will be scarce for a while for the yards to have a ready supply of parts on hand.

Yes it took Ford 2 months to deliver the rear glass on my Ranger and then an additional 6 months to deliver a second one because the tint guy absolutely destroyed the rear defroster and tried to hide it by tucking the wires behind the C-pillar covers. It took them a year to get the replacement window gaskets in because the original ones were warped at the tops and caused excessive water to leak into the doors. A buddy of mine has a 20 F150 and has been waiting for 4 months on solenoids for his transmission... etc etc.

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. What I was afraid of. Thanks for the specific datapoints.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Last March I needed a windshield, hood and roof.
Body shop had the truck for 8 weeks, and most of that was waiting for the roof.
They had proposed a used hood, but I nixed that in a hurry.
Insurance also did not replace the ceramic tint on the windshield with the same vendor and brand of tint--not happy about that one at all.

The upside is, I did not give up the 98 Chev and it had it's time to get out more often recently for a three week wait for an engine part.

I have always maintained that vehicle hiding in the back to show off when others fail.
When any other may fail for any reason--The old Chevy is ready to carry on----It WILL start and run.
Sponsored