Sponsored

Tailgate interchangeability

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Do you think a MY24 Pro Access Tailgate is interchangeable with MY21-23 trucks? I'm primarily wondering if it'll bolt right in and the body lines match up. Electrical connections might change, but I'm sure someone will figure that part out. This would be a nice upgrade IMO.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Likely the same if for no other reason than the whole "simplified wiring config" mentioned. If it's a powered-close tailgate getting replaced by it, it'll probably work.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
I too assume the tailgate will work. I’ve seen it for months on non facelifted trucks in testing. Pretty sure you can swap taillights back and forth too.

I also feel that the HUD can be added as well. The dash trim are portioned as such that you could drop it in. However I am almost positive you will have to buy the entire dash regardless. Been a while since I skinned an IP but I think it can be done without actually removing the entire thing. That’s my main goal. Possibly the 5G radios just for future proofing.

OP
OP
oneinch

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Yes, the HUD would be a very nice upgrade. Just prior to my truck I had a '21 Navigator with HUD. It was very nice. Larger than other HUDs I've seen. I liked it. I suspect the F150 HUD will be the same and maybe better.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I too assume the tailgate will work. I’ve seen it for months on non facelifted trucks in testing. Pretty sure you can swap taillights back and forth too.

I also feel that the HUD can be added as well. The dash trim are portioned as such that you could drop it in. However I am almost positive you will have to buy the entire dash regardless. Been a while since I skinned an IP but I think it can be done without actually removing the entire thing. That’s my main goal. Possibly the 5G radios just for future proofing.
If you look at the interior pics, the HUD trucks have the 23 SD look -- the top of the center 12" screen comes straight over.

Here's a HUD truck
Ford F-150 Tailgate interchangeability 1695688349293

No hud
Ford F-150 Tailgate interchangeability 1695688372418

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you look at the interior pics, the HUD trucks have the 23 SD look -- the top of the center 12" screen comes straight over.

Here's a HUD truck
1695688349293.png

No hud
1695688372418.png

Yes I am aware. When I last have dug through a dash on a test vehicle at Ford the panels are situated in segments, in such a way that the 2024/Current Super Duty dash goes over those seams the normal dash stops at. It's hard to explain but from memory, it would be a swappable cap. You'd need quite a bit of other pieces but considering they don't part IP's out, you will likely wind up buying the whole thing anyways to do so. I'm going to give a shot this week at work if I get the chance just to see.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jesse said the 23 SDs are locked down pretty well. Will be curious to see if they carried this to the 24 150s. If so the whole concept of building one's truck with factory features may be coming to a close.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The new trucks should have gotten a new gateway module with I think either a seperate or baked in new security component.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The new trucks should have gotten a new gateway module with I think either a seperate or baked in new security component.
They get the 5g modem in them so new TCU and antennas as well. Not sure of the current gen's ethernet rate being a single 2 wire twisted pair, but to utilize full 5g data speeds requires more than 100Mb. The unit in my truck right now tops out at 75Mb down to a wireless device in it. Maybe I'll get bored and sniff the SNR to find out which antenna is powering the hotspot. It's probably the TCU in the back of the truck. Unsure though.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They get the 5g modem in them so new TCU and antennas as well. Not sure of the current gen's ethernet rate being a single 2 wire twisted pair, but to utilize full 5g data speeds requires more than 100Mb. The unit in my truck right now tops out at 75Mb down to a wireless device in it. Maybe I'll get bored and sniff the SNR to find out which antenna is powering the hotspot. It's probably the TCU in the back of the truck. Unsure though.
I really am interested to see how far it was taken and what can be dropped in. I’m with Ford Performance now so I don’t get nearly as much play time with the nerdy things as I used to
Sponsored