Tail Light Halo

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
What is it you would like to know? I can tell you that depending on which tail lights your truck originally came with will determine the type of conversion adapters needed. Base halogen tail lights are fairly easy...halogen with BLIS requires a different adapter and are wired differently.
I have your website saved, so I could order these adapters when they became available. Glad to know they are out, will be placing my order, thank you.

On a side note, any plans for wiring to swap to the LED headlights/fog lamps from halogen, so we can have the same halo effect on the front end?
Sponsored

2016BoosteGreyGoose

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostedgreygoosedesigns.net
Vehicles
2016 XLT 302A SCREw 3.5 & 2021 XLT 301A RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Business Owner
I have your website saved, so I could order these adapters when they became available. Glad to know they are out, will be placing my order, thank you.

On a side note, any plans for wiring to swap to the LED headlights/fog lamps from halogen, so we can have the same halo effect on the front end?
Its in the works... both fixed and adaptive headlights!

Sponsored

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Its in the works... both fixed and adaptive headlights!
After I posted here, I saw it up on your website. Excited about that! Off the top of your head, any ETA on the headlight harnesses and rough idea on pricing? I'll probably wait and order everything at once, the headlights and taillights from Ford are expensive.

2016BoosteGreyGoose

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostedgreygoosedesigns.net
Vehicles
2016 XLT 302A SCREw 3.5 & 2021 XLT 301A RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Business Owner
After I posted here, I saw it up on your website. Excited about that! Off the top of your head, any ETA on the headlight harnesses and rough idea on pricing? I'll probably wait and order everything at once, the headlights and taillights from Ford are expensive.
No ETA as we are still dealing with back orders...mostly from local dealerships now. It will happen, headlights, as well as the fog lights. We presently have a few sets of led tails, fogs, and headlights...and yes, from Ford, they are pretty expensive retail. ;)

Ed Ables

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150
Occupation
builder
It really does matter. Ford tried to get "creative" There is something called Dynamic Hitch Control...and this MUST be accounted for when building the adapters as trucks with the Dynamic Hitch Control have all the same circuits with the addition of a LIN data line ...and due to this, the wires are moved around. If your truck doesnt have the Dynamic Hitch Control then its a lil easier. The tail lights I have seen priced anywhere from about $1000/pair to just under $1300. Obviously with halogen tails w/BLIS you will need to swap your radar sensors to the new tail lights to avoid having to program the modules in the new led tail lights. Make sense?
I have a question regarding upgrading to the LED tail lights and I'll bet you can help me. I bought the LED tail lights to replace my halogens on my XLT. I got the adapter plugs as well. I am told I need to use Forscan to change a setting to get the new ones to act right. My question is, do you know what module I need to go into and what the code is that I need to change to? Currently the brake light illuminates the amber turn at the same time and the instrument cluster flashes rapidly even though the turn flashes normally. Thanks for any help, I've searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Sponsored

Ed Ables

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150
Occupation
builder
I have a question regarding upgrading to the LED tail lights and I'll bet you can help me. I bought the LED tail lights to replace my halogens on my XLT. I got the adapter plugs as well. I am told I need to use Forscan to change a setting to get the new ones to act right. My question is, do you know what module I need to go into and what the code is that I need to change to? Currently the brake light illuminates the amber turn at the same time and the instrument cluster flashes rapidly even though the turn flashes normally. Thanks for any help, I've searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for.
Well dang, update. Asked the guy who sold me the adapters and he sent me the codes so I will post here for anyone who has been searching threads for the same. If you are unsure of how to read these look up Forscan tutorial or send me a message. 726-44-02-00XX-XXXX-XXXX, 726-43-02-0102-02XX-XXXX, 726-43-01-XXXX-XXXX-01XX

First Name
Connel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
It really does matter. Ford tried to get "creative" There is something called Dynamic Hitch Control...and this MUST be accounted for when building the adapters as trucks with the Dynamic Hitch Control have all the same circuits with the addition of a LIN data line ...and due to this, the wires are moved around. If your truck doesnt have the Dynamic Hitch Control then its a lil easier. The tail lights I have seen priced anywhere from about $1000/pair to just under $1300. Obviously with halogen tails w/BLIS you will need to swap your radar sensors to the new tail lights to avoid having to program the modules in the new led tail lights. Make sense?

Hello, I recently swapped to LED tails from Halogen with BLIS and I am trying to figure out what I have to do to re initialize the new SODL/SODR modules? Do I need to put my halogens back in and pull the values of the SODL/R modules and then input those when I swap the LEDs back in? Or do I physically need to swap out the modules inside the tail lights. If so, can someone walk me through it I cant seem to find a single video of anyone doing it

Ed Ables

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150
Occupation
builder
Hello, I recently swapped to LED tails from Halogen with BLIS and I am trying to figure out what I have to do to re initialize the new SODL/SODR modules? Do I need to put my halogens back in and pull the values of the SODL/R modules and then input those when I swap the LEDs back in? Or do I physically need to swap out the modules inside the tail lights. If so, can someone walk me through it I cant seem to find a single video of anyone doing it
You have to pull the BLIS sensors from ur originals and put in the new LED’s. Then you need the harness adaptor and BoostedGrey Goose has what you need. Once you have installed you will need to use a PC lap top with the Forscan program on it and an OBD cord to connect to ur vehicle. There are a bunch of tutorials for this so I won’t go into it here. I am sure if you het the adapters feo BoostedGrey Goose you will get the proper instructions with it. The modules are accessed from within the Ford computer theough the Forscan program. No need to do anything with the originals in. Just seap out then get to reprovramming the modules through Forscan.
Sponsored