Sponsored

T-Slot Racks and Bike Rack Options

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
Heyo,

I got the Embark LS tonneau cover (rebranded Retrax Pro) with the T-Slots. My local rack shop wants about $2500 CAD for Yakima racks to go over the bed (low profile) and then 3 bike racks to mount on them. I know these kinds of racks can be pricey, but that feels super expensive to me.

The goal is to mount 3 bikes above the rolling tonneau such that I can still get into the bed with them there. I want the mount over the bed so it'll fit the bikes nicely when I have the TT attached, like in the picture below.

Any experience with stuff that will fit T-Slot but isn't so crazy expensive?

Thanks!

Ford F-150 T-Slot Racks and Bike Rack Options e67c19475b2a641f7f25a7a51423cdf3-
Sponsored

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
I'm considering going that way. I have the Retrax with the slots ready to install once I get the truck.

I'm thinking of the Rhino-rack version, ~550 not including bike mounts. Also thinking of going with the Truxedo Elevate system. I'd like to find something that I could use for bikes and kayaks but that doesn't seem to be possible without the bikes being way up in the air.

Touch Of Gray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5 w/mods,, 2023 F-150 Platinum
Rino Rack has a kit for 65"bars and low profile legs for $467 on Amazon. Would need to buy the bike mounts separately.

OP
OP
Oakstone

Oakstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB XLT 302A
I'm considering going that way. I have the Retrax with the slots ready to install once I get the truck.

I'm thinking of the Rhino-rack version, ~550 not including bike mounts. Also thinking of going with the Truxedo Elevate system. I'd like to find something that I could use for bikes and kayaks but that doesn't seem to be possible without the bikes being way up in the air.
That was my hope too! I don’t have kayaks yet but would love to get racks that could accommodate them. Don’t want bikes 11ft in the air though haha

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm not aware of any adjustable-height rack that would lower down that low, and still get you high enough to clear the cab. The only one that I've seen seems to adjust by about ~12" or so, but nothing like you're showing.

If you had tall kayak racks as well, it seems like you might be able to mount both high and low rack on at the same time (high rack up against the window, then the two low bars for your bikes, and then the other high rack back near the tailgate). It might be a bit of a challenge to get bikes on around the rear high rack, but I think that it could work, based upon the photo that you have up there.

It'd be expensive, though. And look a bit strange.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I don’t have any pictures with the Yakima HD rack I put on behind the cab. You can see the crossbars and bike rack I used. The cross bars are older Thule square bars, bike mount is a Rocky Mounts. I place the kayak at an angle from the Yakima to the rear Thule bar. There’s still room for a couple of bikes
Ford F-150 T-Slot Racks and Bike Rack Options 1671027236197
Sponsored