T-slot rail on Tonneau cover?

PB Jam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have a 21 F150 I bought last October that came with a Ford branded tri-fold tonneau. I had a couple questions about it:
1. I believe this is a Bakflip MX4 that ford rebranded. Is that correct?
2. There’s a rail up near the cab. Is this a standard T-slot rail? I’m looking to possibly attach a cargo bag on top and wondering if there are tie downs I can hook to the rail to fasten it to. I haven’t been able to find anything online about this rail and wasn’t sure if it was standard or something the previous owner added
Ford F-150 T-slot rail on Tonneau cover? D98C5700-2B1E-41C9-A946-31DD82709DDB

I’d like to learn if there are racks, hooks, or other accessories it can use. The cover I believe is rated for 400 lbs. distributed.
Thanks!
Sponsored

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I have the same cover, but mine doesn't have that rail on it. Probably added by the previous owner.

OP
OP

PB Jam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have the same cover, but mine doesn't have that rail on it. Probably added by the previous owner.
Thanks. I'm going to look more closely. My main concern is not knowing how much weight it can handle and damaging the cover. It doesn't leak right now, but I could see how using it could work it loose and start leaking, especially if its a DIY job.
Sponsored