Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
This is what mine does when going into reverse after a 10 min drive:

It makes the BRRR noise when driving for about 1 second. On longer trips it will make the same noise for 10-15 seconds and the whole screen will freeze until self reboot.
Wow. Yeah that’s definitely an issue
Sponsored

OP
OP
RustyL

RustyL

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 - Space White
Occupation
Graphic Design

It makes the BRRR noise when driving for about 1 second. On longer trips it will make the same noise for 10-15 seconds and the whole screen will freeze until self reboot.
Wow...possible electrical issue? Why would it make a noise? I am going to stop complaining about my issues now. :)

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I must be naïve because I figured Ford was above that. Perhaps being the number one seller doesn't mean they have to be....that makes no sense, right?
I'm afraid not, unfortunately. I think that the car companies have a long way to go until they have mastered the art and science of software engieering. it's not surprisIng, really, that they subcontract this stuff out - their expertise is in automotives and not software systems. The cost and time required to build up that skill from a standing start would be astronomical.
I would hope that they would begin by mastering the art systems engineering, debug, system design validation and configuration management. Weakness in these areas was plainly visible in the fiasco we all went through a year or two ago in spinning up OTA updates for Sync4.
Anyway, my point in posting this is to help us all understand the obstacles we're facing in getting these bugs ironed out. It's neither simple nor straightforward.

Chosenman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 FX4 Off Road
My issue is more wifi related with Android auto. It will randomly drop the android auto connection typically when I'm using it and I have to turn it off and back on, not only the wifi on my phone but the Bluetooth as well. It MAY connect again, 50% chance.
It really is so frustrating and I have had it into the dealership to get resolved with no luck..
It's always a firmware update, software update or pixie dust sprinkle away from being fixed.... arghhhh.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Never had that, but I was getting an audio pop sound, it was fixed in 4.3.6 update.

Someone found out long time ago that for whatever crazy reason it is best to set sync to be in dark mode all the time. Lots of posts here people claim that solved random issues. Plus it looks better than all white so give it a try.

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
Mine started to happen with the June update, has not been right after that.
Sponsored