Sponsored

Sync 4 ATT WiFi Hotspot Option

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I understand Sync 4 has a built in ATT cellular modem that is used for OTA updates and FordPass connectivity. There is also an option to activate a personal cellular account, presumably using the same ATT cellular modem, to allow for cellular digital data to be made available in and around the truck using the WiFi radio also built into Sync 4.

Reading through various posts on this feature it appears even with an ATT account for this modem, it will stop working once you turn off the ignition and shut the door. This is the part I don't understand since we know the Sync 4 modem is always alive to interact with OTA updates and FordPass queries.

So the answer to the WiFi not working after the truck shuts down must be that Ford turns off the WiFi radio when Sync 4 shuts down. If so I wonder if someone has found a Forscan hack to keep the WiFi radio alive. WiFi radios draw very little current so this should not significantly impact battery life.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
thats a darn good question
i wondered why the wifi shuts off if truck is off. it does not use that much power. maybe its a hacking thing.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
This would be really, really useful to me.
Sponsored