First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
I need to buy my truck before the end of the year (I know ... pushing it) and I missed my shot of ordering it early enough for it to be built in time. So instead, I've just put a deposit on a retail truck that a local dealership is supposed to be getting. The sticker and VIN are available (see below). The dealer 'HOPES' it will be here in time (says it is just one state away ...whatever that means). I figured I'd drop the sticker in here to see if any of you more seasoned detectives could possibly give me a little more insight. Worth a shot ...right?

Ford F-150 Status of Truck f150sticker
Sponsored

farmeric

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
farming
I need to buy my truck before the end of the year (I know ... pushing it) and I missed my shot of ordering it early enough for it to be built in time. So instead, I've just put a deposit on a retail truck that a local dealership is supposed to be getting. The sticker and VIN are available (see below). The dealer 'HOPES' it will be here in time (says it is just one state away ...whatever that means). I figured I'd drop the sticker in here to see if any of you more seasoned detectives could possibly give me a little more insight. Worth a shot ...right?

f150sticker.jpg
You can go to this site's order tracking tool and put in the VIN--it will give you the primary status of the vehicle along with other info. It says this vehicle is "in Transit". Maybe someone else can give you more of a guess on the timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
dougbillings

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
You can go to this site's order tracking tool and put in the VIN--it will give you the primary status of the vehicle along with other info. It says this vehicle is "in Transit". Maybe someone else can give you more of a guess on the timeline.
Thank you. I'll bookmark that site.

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
I’m in the same boat. Been waiting all year for them to pop up at dealers but ended up putting an order in last week.

Does leaving a deposit constitute an actual purchase in the 2020 Calendar Year? If not I might be forced to get a ram

OP
OP
dougbillings

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
Does leaving a deposit constitute an actual purchase in the 2020 Calendar Year? If not I might be forced to get a ram
Nope ... it just says that when the truck does get to the lot, one of you guys cant come in and buy it out from under me as I'm driving 100 mph to get there :)

Same as you, If I cant get into one by 12/31, I'll possibly be buying another GMC (blame Uncle $am)

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

f150sticker.jpg
If it is in transit, then you should be golden.

OP
OP
dougbillings

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
Thanks Bob!

.... GO DAWGS ;)

farmeric

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
farming
Nope ... it just says that when the truck does get to the lot, one of you guys cant come in and buy it out from under me as I'm driving 100 mph to get there :)

Same as you, If I cant get into one by 12/31, I'll possibly be buying another GMC (blame Uncle $am)
I don't know how all dealers do it, but you may want to check as some dealers (as long as you have the VIN and sticker) will allow you to do the transaction in this calendar year, even if delivery is after the 1st of the year. This has also been true in past with farm equipment ( just in case anyone wants to buy a tractor!)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Built 11/16/2021, exactly one month ago!! CurryBob taught me that little factoid. Happy Birthday to your new truck! ? ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dougbillings

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
Doing a bit of cross referencing and extrapolation (and day drinking) ... I see that the truck that was deliver on 12/14 was shipped on 11/30 ... Sooooooo, being that my truck was shipped 9 days after that one on 12/09, I can hope to see it on 12/23... maybe?... hopefully? Fingers crossed!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Doing a bit of cross referencing and extrapolation (and day drinking) ... I see that the truck that was deliver on 12/14 was shipped on 11/30 ... Sooooooo, being that my truck was shipped 9 days after that one on 12/09, I can hope to see it on 12/23... maybe?... hopefully? Fingers crossed!
For your sake I hope so. It’s pretty exciting when you get a call or text from the dealer with the good news! ?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Love it! I'm going to guess payload ~1525 on the yellow sticker?

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
I did the same thing but mines still in transit....
Ford F-150 Status of Truck 1608598904810
Sponsored