First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
Like many of you I had a couple accessories in mind when I bought my truck. When I found this forum, it was a massive help when it came to deciding what specific accessories to chose based on people experiences. What I didn’t know was WHERE to purchase these accessories. A quick google search yielded a multitude of large, online retailers with great selections, albeit spotty availability. However on the forum I discovered our forum sponsors, and Stage 3 Motorsports. There website seemed legitimate, they had an informative YouTube channel, and the incentive pricing we receive for being members made it almost a no-brainer. Looking back, I wish I would have done my homework on them, because my experience has not been pleasant. I hate to rag on retailers, because I know their business is difficult and customers are even more difficult, but I also want to put this out there as a warning to people considering buying from them. I recently ordered a coilover leveling kit from them, it was delivered a week late, which I was willing to look past. Supply chain constraints are something we are all experts on at this point. After dealer install I was really thrilled with the performance benefits - a game changer for sure. Everything was working great and looking the part too, I inspected the work done by the dealer and it looked fine. The next day after driving to work I discovered the paint on the rear shock reservoir was chipping off. This was frustrating, because these parts aren’t cheap and neither was the install. I decided to try and make a warranty claim with the manufacture, but they sent me to the distributor-Stage 3. I thought this would be an easy process, since it was so close to the time of purchase and I was clearly dealing with a manufacturing defect. I called Stage 3, customer service was friendly over the phone, and instructed me to email pictures and a brief explanation of what happened. I thought for sure I was going to be fine, and that I would be receiving a new shock without issue. After nearly a week of waiting, Stage 3 told me not only that they wouldn’t be replacing anything, but that it was the dealer fault and that the dealer caused the damage. This was infuriating, how could they know what had happened when they weren’t there, didn’t know what happened, but they were arrogant enough to tell me what was what. I know this might not sound like a big deal to most, and maybe I’m overreacting, but it seems like Stage 3 was unwilling to put in the effort to make the claim with the manufacturer and fight for there customer. Simply too much work required on their part and a low supply environment. The addition of telling me what had happened to my own vehicle added insult to injury. After all this, I checked out there Better Buisness Bureau rating, and it turns out I’m not alone. Not only are they unaccredited, there’s multiple claims against them that mirror my complaints about poor customer service. Again, I really hate to be that guy, but I figured I would share my experience with y’all, as I know many people are looking at parts and accessories around here. Here’s to throwing you’re opinions into the void!
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Their web site looks nice but if you Google search the business address it's a duplex house. This would raise red flags for me, they are just drop shippers for various companies. If they are not an approved distributor there is no warranty. In this case it sounds like they didn't want to eat sending you a new one so they blame others. I would look else where to spend my money.

OP
OP
houstongoose

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
Yep - you’re right. And if I would’ve done the research first I would have figured that out before hand. Lessons learned I guess

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are we talking about a scratch or damaged coating? Or is it a flaw in the coating or perhaps corrosion?

Without pics, it's difficult to make a personal judgment regarding the claim. Unless you aren't asking for anyone here to support your claim?
(definitely your prerogative)

Not a defense for Stage3, because they can wear their own pants in the scenario. But they have happy customers too that speak well of their experiences.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I've been to Stage 3 multiple times. Very legit company. Some items drop ship from manufacture to customer. So they are relying on them, plus carrier.

I've had nothing but great success stories.

Sorry to OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Hmm, I feel like pics are required for this type of thread. If you were just complaining about an issue with a part, maybe not, but to call out a retailer, It doesn’t hold much water without proof.

I’ve never purchased anything from stage3, and have no plans to, but this whole thread seems incomplete, like we’re missing some crucial info.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Not only would pictures be helpful, but the brand of the parts too. I'm surprised the manufacturer isn't taking care of it versus sending you to S3M. On my previous truck, I ordered a BAK tonneau cover from truckalterations.com, who happens to be an internet drop shipper too. When it arrived it had issues. I reached out to BAK and they sent a new one. It also had issues and they ended up sending a third one.
Sponsored