Spray on liner rear wheel wells

Red Dog

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I used regular black spray paint and it turned out well. Looks much better than they way it came from the factory.
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Even when 'coated' mud still gets thrown into difficult to clean nooks and crannies; Husky liners eliminate 90%+ of that.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Has anyone sprayed their rear wheel liners instead of buying the actual liners. If so how do you like it. Another question is if id try that and didnt like it and got the actual liners would it fit like it should.
I sprayed with 3m rubberized undercoating just where the bed was white. It's worked out GREAT and looks fantastic. It also holds up reasonably well to rocks getting kicked up.

Jmet8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
This is subjective my thoughts are diy will not last as long as some plastic liners. Think about all that water road debris that will be thrown up in there over time. Liners coast more up front but are easier to put in and are easier to clean Are reversible and could be transferred to new truck or sold later. DIY is cheaper buy a little but way more time consuming lots of prep or it want last. Clean,scuff up ,clean again, tape and Drape, spay or paint, let set, second coat, let cure at least a day or so. The only two I would use is Raptor liner or POR 15 under coat or POR 15 bed liner. Hope this info help. You tube for the win. Let us know and see what you do. No pic’s or it didn’t happen.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I did spray the wheel wells with fluid film before putting in plastic liners in. Also inside the bed frame rails since they are blocked off after liners are installed.

The issue I can see with bed liner is the texture making it a pain to clean off vs raw aluminum. Plastic liners just wipe off with the smooth surface.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lricaud81

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I'm kind of thinking I'll end up just getting liners. If I did spray them it'd just be the main part you see just to hold over until getting liners.

BarnOwl

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew 3.5LPowerBoost Full Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Yeah im mainly wanting it to look finished instead of the overspray truck color on it now. I figured I'll use a rattle can bedliner for a little more durability instead of just paint.
I just don't know which one is the best to get. I'd almost assume they all about the same
FWIW, I opted for the OEM wheel well liners. At first, I thought this would be a major headache to install but they went in without too much difficulty. The holes lined up surprisingly well with a little tweeking. I am satisfied with the results.

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
We are talking $100 for Husky Liners to put on a $60k plus truck.
It cost more than that for me to fill the tank.
They look great and easy to put on, plus they are trouble free.

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I had Line-X spray the wells (looks great) AND added Husky liners (also looks great). Maybe overdid it (I don't think so, though), but for me, worth the expense.

OP
OP
Lricaud81

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Yeah next thing I buy for my truck will be the liners. I think if I did the spray myself or even if shop would do spray liner on them I wouldn't be happy. I like the look of the liners I had a ram truck that came with them and I really liked the finished look

Sponsored

Pops

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0
I am going to add liners to mine soon, I don't think you would be able to keep them clean with a spray in coating and the liners would be a long term addition. Either will work it will just take some prep for the spray in.

OP
OP
Lricaud81

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I should've gotten mine with points but got a few other things.
Yeah I don't think I'd be happy in the long run with spray.
Sponsored