First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
So I'm driving the truck back and notice that it's not going into electric hybrid mode during the drive but when I first turn it on its all battery.

I'm sitting in my driveway now and the engine won't shut off to go electric usually never stays on very long.
If they updated the PCM, you'll get that on the first trip or two as well. It's happened on both PCM updates I've done on my truck so far, first drive is no hybrid operation.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I went for another drive and everything was OK.

One thing I have notices is no more harsh shifting from 1-3, which I would usually always get and sometimes even bad downshift coming downhill, could this update have anything to do with that?

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 EcoBoost King Ranch
Yup nothing done….. Ford Canada Rep called me to let me know that issue is now escalated to a field technician. Someone from Ford will be working on my truck at my dealership, crazy

Sponsored

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That would be entertaining

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

One thing I have notices is no more harsh shifting from 1-3, which I would usually always get and sometimes even bad downshift coming downhill, could this update have anything to do with that?
There was a TSB last year for early 21 Powerboosts to fix that issue. They probably did that update along with the others.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer

Sounds like you got one or more PCM updates applied. You'll likely notice the truck going into full electric at higher speeds now than it did before.

I think we need a thread called "What did Ford break on your truck today".
Funny and sad at the same time

ejosterberg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum, 17 Explorer Limited, 11 Edge
Occupation
Engineer
I can fix it. The issue is it will need a constant battery charge or it will be dead in a couple hours or less. That will cause issues for your power boost. If they push it outside and no battery charger when I get there it will be dead and take hours to get it to a point I can do anything.
@Jesse-Infotainment Can you give a hint as to the process to fix it? I'm curious what the solution is.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Its easy now they sent out the correct update. Otherwise.. no I dont want it out. I explained that in another thread.
A few things:

1) 👍👍 👏👏👏 👍👍
THANK YOU for all you do for your fellow F150 mankind!

2) Wiil the new BCM update fix bricked trucks ?

3) Like many, I'm blessed to have a mostly trouble-free 2021 Job 1 Lariat Powerboost. It is currently up to date at 2.8.3. Are up to date trucks at risk of going backwards via OTA? Should those of us who are up to date turn off Auto Updates for a month or so?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
A few things:

1) 👍👍 👏👏👏 👍👍
THANK YOU for all you do for your fellow F150 mankind!

2) Wiil the new BCM update fix bricked trucks ?

3) Like many, I'm blessed to have a mostly trouble-free 2021 Job 1 Lariat Powerboost. It is currently up to date at 2.8.3. Are up to date trucks at risk of going backwards via OTA? Should those of us who are up to date turn off Auto Updates for a month or so?
Thank you.. glad I can help when I can.

Yes if your truck is bricked the update will fix it now.

I wouldn’t turn updates off completely I would turn auto update off so that you have to approve the update and can confirm it is a forward moving update

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Thank you.. glad I can help when I can.

Yes if your truck is bricked the update will fix it now.

I wouldn’t turn updates off completely I would turn auto update off so that you have to approve the update and can confirm it is a forward moving update
Thanks for all you've done for the various Power Boost owners. Fortunately, todate I haven't had any issues (strongly knocking on wood).

If I understand this post correctly, Ford has finally fixed the BCM fiasco, and BCM updates will not brick PB trucks any longer. Is my understanding correct?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for all you've done for the various Power Boost owners. Fortunately, todate I haven't had any issues (strongly knocking on wood).

If I understand this post correctly, Ford has finally fixed the BCM fiasco, and BCM updates will not brick PB trucks any longer. Is my understanding correct?
Yes. Yeah he BCM updates are all safe now. They were mixing files old with new causing the validation to fail. It was one file. F16C location in the BCM.

They have now corrected the issue and it calls for the correct files. I have confirmed this with the original owner that had bricked his BCM. It was fixed by the owner himself.. at the dealership because the dealer and ford engineering had made it clear that nothing was communicating and they are sure it wasn’t the BCM uodate. Then he went to the dealer with his laptop and loaded it following my instructions and it was fixed in a few min

OP
OP

rsiedlecki

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The new update would appear that fixes everybody’s else’s status but mine…. LoL I have waited 6 weeks now what’s 6 more……
Sponsored