Service Generator Soon/AC failure

Airmike532

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 3.5 Ecoboost w/2kw pro power
So, today was day 5 of owning my new 21 f-150. Haven’t yet broken 400 miles. I hooked up the trailer 3k lbs, and went venturing for some mulch. While out and about, I had the on dash message of Service Generstor Soon, the radio said pro power failure (reset) and the ac would no longer run cold. I was quite bent over the issue and figured my truck was about to die in the middle of the road. All other electrical functions remained intact, including the cooled seats. Got home, shut it off, no change, disconnected the battery, no change. Did some google searching and read about some other 21’s having electrical issues so I’m thinking the worst. So I dove I under the hood and started digging around and low and behold, the accessory belt that powers the ac and generator was shredded and dangling. Fortunately after looking around I realized that this truck has a primary alternator and the one that had the shredded belt was for the 2kw inverter.

Called the local dealer, can’t get me in for a week, so I’m like hell, I will replace it myself...well the belt is 3-5 days to get in, only 76 in the nations warehouse and no regional dealers have one. So I went ahead and ordered it anyways, should arrive the day before my service appt and I figured they can pay for it, fix it and make sure all the pulleys are good.
I’m perplex as to why this happened, not sure if the torque of the engine flexing around cause it to jump off or what but, I’m not thrilled to say the least. I hope this isn’t a regular affair.

Ford F-150 Service Generator Soon/AC failure 546C4F54-A557-4A06-84B9-509E6157674A

Ford F-150 Service Generator Soon/AC failure 24ED29FA-8274-469F-8381-57E17DC0232B
Sponsored

Paulpanz

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford 150
Occupation
Contractor
Hi
I am having the same issue with mine. They tell me it’s a program problem and they don’t have the program yet. I don’t buy it. Any luck repairing your truck

OP
OP

Airmike532

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 3.5 Ecoboost w/2kw pro power
I took it and the belt to the Ford dealership, they replaced the belt under warranty, said they did not find any problems. Haven’t towed yet since, this is my wife’s truck and I finally took delivery of a 21 F-350 so I won’t be towing with hers for a while. We have put another 1200 miles on it since with no problem.
Sponsored