First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately I agree with much of this. However, wishing my 22 was 502a for 57k (cries in mid year price increases)
Well my sticker was $60k and I had a Ford cash award for $3k... however.. I did get $47.5 k for that '18 GMC SLT.. with 20k miles.. end of '21 was the peak of used trucks.. I think they were hot hot hot to make year end purchases for expensing / tax purposes. I went up four years in truck for $9500. that will never happen again I expect...
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Not exactly apples-to-apples but just for grins here's the Monroney stickers for my 2005 XLT SCAB 2WD and my 2022 Lariat SCAB 4WD .....

Ford F-150 Second thought/ Crazy prices 2005 F150 STICKERS

Ford F-150 Second thought/ Crazy prices 2022 F150 STICKERS

Yep, a huge leap in un-adjusted MSRP but also a huge leap in truck features and improvements in this 'comparison'.

Perhaps interesting to note that when 'adjusted for inflation' the MSRP of $30,285 in 2004 is worth $47,499.83 today (I bought my MY2005 F150 in 2004 calendar year). Yep, inflation happens.

Nope, I didn't pay MSRP for my dealer-stock 2005 but didn't for my special-order 2022 either (thank goodness for Granger Ford and Price Protection). By happy coincidence both of those trucks were bought with 0$ down and 0% interest Ford financing. And yeah, as evidenced by still owning the 2005, I keep 'em a long time for payback ;) :).

Like inflation, 'stuff' happens, so living alone in a remote rural area I'll always have two vehicles on the place 'just in case'. Here's my winning-hand, a pair of ace's:

Ford F-150 Second thought/ Crazy prices TWO SUPERCABS 01

Last edited:

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I retired in 2016, we built our retirement home in the midwest (got the heck out of the DC area). I had a 2018 F150 that was totaled in an accident. Ordered a 2022 in October 22. After waiting over 7 1/2 months went looking. Found 1 that had everything I wanted about 150 miles from me. Snow plow prep was a must as my drive is over 1/4 mile long, and we get snow in Northwest Wisconsin. Prices had gone up on the new trucks, but the insurance settled for $300 less than I paid for the 2018 3 years earlier. Very topsy turvey market out there.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
It's a big sticker shock for sure. But, in this market the value and price of new cars are only going to go up. The longer you wait the more it's going to be. I mean they just raised the Lightning's an additional $7K across the board and used car prices are selling for the same as new.

But, (not to play devil's advocate here) if you can afford it get it. Life is too short and tomorrow is never promised. I was stressing on if I was making the right decision for weeks when i reserved a 2022 F150 XLT Sport 302A for 48K but I thought it was a steal for the price. I went through with it last week and I am glad I did because that truck is awesome. And for you the Powerboost is awesome!

I say get what you want as long as it's affordable and makes you happy. That is what life is about.
This was sort of my mind frame, even though I'm nowhere near retirement and I still sometimes think "did I really just spend this much on a truck?".

My last vehicle was a 2012 Grand Cherokee that started to shit the bed around 120k miles. Needed a new steering rack, head gasket replaced which wasn't an easy job, and a bunch of other things that summed up to around $8500 per the stealership. KBB showed the Jeep being valued at $8400, so that is when I was forced to search for a new vehicle. Looked at used trucks for a while but people were ridiculous, wanting $45k for a 7 year old XLT with 90k miles. I figured that if I'm spending $45k+, I might as well get something new even if I didn't really want a payment.

I was pretty fortunate that I found the Lariat PB that I inquired about, because I almost ended up not getting any truck because of the shortages etc. It is a fully loaded 502A, of which I probably wouldn't have selected some of these options if I were to build my own - but in the end I got Z-plan pricing + put down a decent chunk, so the payment isn't TOO terrible. I also purchased the 8y / 100k ESP plan for peace of mind, and plan to drive this for as long as possible. My other option was buying a junker $2-3k Subaru to hold me over until whenever the "supply chain issues" subside, which now looking at things a year later... trucks still aren't readily available AND Ford has increased prices / removed features.

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Not exactly apples-to-apples but just for grins here's the Monroney stickers for my 2005 XLT SCAB 2WD and my 2022 Lariat SCAB 4WD .....

2005 F150 STICKERS.png

2022 F150 STICKERS.png

Yep, a huge leap in un-adjusted MSRP but also a huge leap in truck features and improvements in this 'comparison'.

Perhaps interesting to note that when 'adjusted for inflation' the MSRP of $30,285 in 2004 is worth $47,499.83 today (I bought my MY2005 F150 in 2004 calendar year). Yep, inflation happens.

Nope, I didn't pay MSRP for my dealer-stock 2005 but didn't for my special-order 2022 either (thank goodness for Granger Ford and Price Protection). By happy coincidence both of those trucks were bought with 0$ down and 0% interest Ford financing. And yeah, as evidenced by still owning the 2005, I keep 'em a long time for payback ;) :).

Like inflation, 'stuff' happens, so living alone in a remote rural area I'll always have two vehicles on the place 'just in case'. Here's my winning-hand, a pair of ace's:

TWO SUPERCABS 01.jpg
ever so slightly off topic but I assume granger emails you that window sticker themselves?

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
ever so slightly off topic but I assume granger emails you that window sticker themselves?
No, I downloaded my Monroney sticker from the Ford tracking website when it was available there just before my build-date. I superimposed the other red-text data and stickers myself using Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Paint.

At my request Chip at Granger did sent me a pic of my 'payload sticker' the day the truck arrived there (Thanks, Chip!) .... until I got that I had no idea what my final actual payload rating was.

Last edited:

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
No, I downloaded my Monroney sticker from the Ford tracking website when it was available there just before my build-date. I superimposed the other red-text data and stickers myself using Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Paint.
Oh ok thanks. I’ve seen others that looked identical so It made me wonder if it was something they were doing on their end.

ddub648295

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Here's a decent data point for the inflation that's taken place: I just ordered what is essentially the same truck I bought in 2013, a 2014 basic Lariat with the only add being the center console(3.5 ecoboost). Ordered 2022 Lariat with 2.7 ecoboost and only added the center console again. 2014 truck was 42 and I'm paying 50 for this one (MSRP of 53). Other than the 2.7 vs 3.5 they're exactly the same truck.

The 2014 has 175k miles and I've not had any major problems at all. My son is driving it now.
Sponsored