SCORPION ATR ? More than one...?

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
This is a wild learning that tire manufacturers do this... and really surprising!
Sponsored

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
The Ford OEM Hankook AT-2 that comes on the 20” wheel and FX4 is not the same as the retail Hankook AT-2. I do not like the look of the Ford version at all. There’s nothing off road about it.
I noticed that as well. Wondering where to buy replacement tire if one of them got damaged. Pretty crazy being forced to get replacement tires from dealer.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It’s pretty common across most retail products you buy, you just don’t notice. Item X at one store looks identical to Item X at another store. But, if you look at the model # or product code, they are different. Changes you don’t see are made to regulate the price. Food is not immune either. A Klondike bar at one grocery may have 1/32” thinner chocolate than a competitor, you don’t notice, but the company save money on every single bar they sell at the same price as the store across the street. I never realized it happens in the tire market too.

Last edited:

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I also noticed with the hankooks they didn't have the 3 peak symbol. I emailed hankook who quickly responded they're not rated but built to the same specs with same materials as the ones that are. I find it funny because the website lists them as having the rating.
Sponsored