First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 ordered
Occupation
CO
Of course the same day I decide I'm going to get a 2021 Platinum I get the email from Ford with the VIN saying my Lariat is scheduled for production the week of April 18th.

What is the likelihood of it actually being made that week and not changed? Once it is produced how long does it typically take to get to the dealer?

Thanks
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
The magic 8 ball would know best. Odds are you get bounced around at least a week or 2. Then if you aren’t on a chip hold should see your truck within the month. If on chip hold could be 2-6 months.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
You could ask, What's the likelihood that all the suppliers will make their commitments for what they are supplying? Anything is possible, your date may stick or it may slide. If you can find and buy a 2021 that's a known quantity.

OP
OP
Dirt Fisher

Dirt Fisher

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 ordered
Occupation
CO
You could ask, What's the likelihood that all the suppliers will make their commitments for what they are supplying? Anything is possible, your date may stick or it may slide. If you can find and buy a 2021 that's a known quantity.
I was going tomorrow to look at a 2021 (made 1/2021) Platinum fully loaded with 5k miles for $71,300 but I'm thinking I might just wait for my truck. Buddy traded in the Platinum so I know nothing is wrong with it he just got a Raptor instead. Tough to justify 71k on a used truck with options I don't really need instead of waiting for a 67k new truck ordered how I want it

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Of course the same day I decide I'm going to get a 2021 Platinum I get the email from Ford with the VIN saying my Lariat is scheduled for production the week of April 18th.

What is the likelihood of it actually being made that week and not changed? Once it is produced how long does it typically take to get to the dealer?

Thanks
Like others have said, it’s anyone’s guess.

I can can tell you my experience- ordered 10/8, received VIN 11//19, scheduled for 1/17. I kept getting pushed out week by week and KC had 2 down weeks, so I ended up built on 3/14. ETA to my dealer is 4/6-4/14. So about 6 months start to finish.

My thoughts are if you need a truck now, buy one off the lot, otherwise wait for what you want.
Sponsored