Brake Squeak

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Same squeaking brake issue first thing every morning. By the second stop sign in my neighborhood it's gone, every time. Thanks for the "service action" info!
Sponsored

4WDMIKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
I have this same issue at any low speeds. Trucks only got 27k on it. Seems premature and I just had the dang thing inspected too.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this same issue at any low speeds. Trucks only got 27k on it. Seems premature and I just had the dang thing inspected too.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
My area dealer/service folks are telling me 3 to 4 weeks, but bring the truck in and let it sit here and we might get to it sooner.... one dealer said to bring it in and QuickLane will do a brake job for $89.00 :rolleyes:

Does any one know what the fix is for this? Maybe I can do it at home myself...

olrlee25

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am having the same issues. It is not just a small squeak. It happens the entire slow down from 10mph to 0. Complained over and over again to my dealership but they "can't replicate" and the brakes look fine. Could someone tell me if my vin has the FAJAK code?

1FTEW1CP7MFC27322

Sponsored

Broomsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4 Avalanche
For what it is worth. I have this on my 2023 PB, my wife's 23 Odyssey (she also had it on her 21' Odyssey that was totaled) also did this and both my 21' Ram 1500 and Wagoneer I had previously and all did this from parking outside of my garage. I had taken my Ram in and mentioned it and they were able to duplicate it, but nothing could be done.

When I would park my truck in the garage it wouldn't do it. It would only last long enough to back out of my driveway or the first push of the brake then disappears. I have also heard my next door neighbors Telluride do it as well when they are leaving for work same time as me.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
For what it is worth. I have this on my 2023 PB, my wife's 23 Odyssey (she also had it on her 21' Odyssey that was totaled) also did this and both my 21' Ram 1500 and Wagoneer I had previously and all did this from parking outside of my garage. I had taken my Ram in and mentioned it and they were able to duplicate it, but nothing could be done.

When I would park my truck in the garage it wouldn't do it. It would only last long enough to back out of my driveway or the first push of the brake then disappears. I have also heard my next door neighbors Telluride do it as well when they are leaving for work same time as me.
It seems to be a common trend now on these factory brakes I guess

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
My truck does this pretty often backing out of the garage. It's louder than the damn reverse beeping. The rear also make a ton of noise if I'm stopped and I slightly ease on and off the brake while remaining stopped. It's super loud when I do this right next to a building and the noise can bounce off the wall. I mention it to my dealership a few months ago during the last service and they "couldn't replicate". Yeah sure, it does it all the time no matter on how much I drive. Maybe I'll try capturing a video of the "normal" creaking noises.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
My truck does this pretty often backing out of the garage. It's louder than the damn reverse beeping. The rear also make a ton of noise if I'm stopped and I slightly ease on and off the brake while remaining stopped. It's super loud when I do this right next to a building and the noise can bounce off the wall. I mention it to my dealership a few months ago during the last service and they "couldn't replicate". Yeah sure, it does it all the time no matter on how much I drive. Maybe I'll try capturing a video of the "normal" creaking noises.
Yea everyone says it’s normal I guess we will see after a brake pad change
Sponsored