First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I thought I was finally out of the woods with all of my 21 Lariat PB issues, but spoke too soon. I now have a squeaking/ rubbing noise that almost sounds like rubber against metal. It’s definitely only present when in regen brake mode, or at the start of when I am braking to stop. I have yet another date with the dealer. I am wondering if anybody else has had this issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I just wanted to bump this one back to see if anybody else has encountered this issue. It’s going back to the dealership today, so I will post the result when I get it back.

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The tech was able to reproduce the sound that I’ve been hearing. That’s always a plus to start off with. I was told he wants to to contact Ford engineering. I’m bracing myself for backordered part that will keep in my POS escape loaner for the summer!

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Keep me in my loaner I meant.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 powerboost
I had the same issue, turned out to be the rear axle bolt shared off. Actually had both sides shear off.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Wow! I’m traveling at the moment, but I will be sure to check that when I get back. Is this something that I will be able to clearly see by visual inspection?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
So I'm not sure if my noise is the same as yours but I've had a "creaking" noise for a very long time now. At first I thought it was the actual brakes, but then I was noticing I'd hear it just from letting off the accelerator (and not pushing the brake pedal).

Finally was able to have someone with good "car ears" listen as I made it generate the noise yesterday and he said it sounded like it was coming from the middle of truck. And I think this is where the regen system is (or at least closer to the middle than the rear axle, for sure).

What makes this super strange is that the noise virtually goes away when it's about 30F or colder. Now that it's "warm" again here, and the noise seems even worse than before, I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. (15 days until my B2B expires, better late than never!).

We'll see what comes of it...
Sponsored