ponterpitt

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I also received the 1.6.0 OTA update and the FordPass 3.27.0 update.

For the OTA update, the truck *seems* to shift smoother, but that may totally be in my head. Has anyone else notice this, or any other changes?

For the FordPass update, I was hoping it would fix the issue where everything works except setting a Securialert schedule, where I get the error below. But the update didn't fix it.

IMG_2131.png
I was able to set a night time alert in the app but unsure if it works.. lots of bugs

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
For the OTA update, the truck *seems* to shift smoother, but that may totally be in my head. Has anyone else notice this, or any other changes?
I fear this will become what “Safari feels faster” became for Mac OS!
?

Icewraithusa

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL 3.5 EcoBoost
Yeah, I can say that the shifting seems a tiny bit better too, I had one part of my regular journey that pretty much always resulted in a clunky change and it didn't do it today. Would have been nice if the patch notes indicated that was intended ?

I do wish they would sort the audio thing as well. I often have the sound turned off, and what I've noticed is that if I finish a call or sending a text, etc it then turns the audio back on. Like Ford can't possibly believe that you wouldn't want music _all the time_ - I'm pretty sure when I first got it that it didn't do that, as my previous Edge did and I hated it. So it's come in one of these patches as an "update".

agentorange

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Occupation
ME
Why would you want Ford to update your vehicle? Not me.

Sponsored

drcubanb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 Powerboost
I dunno, I got the OTA and my Powerboost was clunky as hell this morning.

Yeah, I can say that the shifting seems a tiny bit better too, I had one part of my regular journey that pretty much always resulted in a clunky change and it didn't do it today. Would have been nice if the patch notes indicated that was intended ?

I do wish they would sort the audio thing as well. I often have the sound turned off, and what I've noticed is that if I finish a call or sending a text, etc it then turns the audio back on. Like Ford can't possibly believe that you wouldn't want music _all the time_ - I'm pretty sure when I first got it that it didn't do that, as my previous Edge did and I hated it. So it's come in one of these patches as an "update".

Flyboy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
In addition to receiving the update on our 2021 F-150 Powerboost, yesterday we received the same update on our 2021 Mustang Mach-e. Based on that it seems to me this update may be related more to the underlying Ford “Power-UP” software.

Ford, more information is better than less.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
This is all so weird to hear that you all are having so many issues.
Mine downloaded the 1.6 power up and the only thing I noticed was it reset my display mode from permanent Night mode back to auto.

Also after each update, I like to track changes in the modules with Forscan and I don't see any firmware/calibration changes from 1.4 to 1.6.

In fact, the last firmware/calibration update I saw changed was the gateway and TCU module update a few months ago.
I don't think these updates are anything more than a placebo to test the OTA system for the big blue cruise update coming very soon.

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone checked the version on the radio? I got the update via FordPass app.
on the radio go to settings, general, about sync.
Software Version: 20312_PRODUCT
Revision: 243

I was thinking the update would have changed these numbers but it’s stayed the same. Post your version.

eriku19tex

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
IT
How do OTA updates work with Custom tunes? anyone familiar with that yet? :)

Sponsored

Whathafuxup

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 3.5 EcoBoost
I also received the update the morning it dropped.
Noticed my EB also shifted a bit better, smoother.
My idle also now stays at 600 rpm when in drive and on auto hold. Used to hover anywhere between 500-700.
Sync 4 also went into auto mode, when I had it in night mode by default.
The myview screen in the cluster also rest to default.
Another small thing I noticed is the lane keeping system icon under the MPH gauge seems smaller to me. Kind of felt like it used to almost touch the MPH letters on the gauges.

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I also received the update the morning it dropped.
Noticed my EB also shifted a bit better, smoother.
My idle also now stays at 600 rpm when in drive and on auto hold. Used to hover anywhere between 500-700.
Sync 4 also went into auto mode, when I had it in night mode by default.
The myview screen in the cluster also rest to default.
Another small thing I noticed is the lane keeping system icon under the MPH gauge seems smaller to me. Kind of felt like it used to almost touch the MPH letters on the gauges.
Can you verify your version information via the radio. Just wondering if the app on the phone is signaling a small update that is not changing versions or if it is changing the version info.

Whathafuxup

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you verify your version information via the radio. Just wondering if the app on the phone is signaling a small update that is not changing versions or if it is changing the version info.
Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today EAE3A40E-FC81-4609-B85A-95ABCEBB595B

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Go under settings, general, about sync.
don’t post the pic of this because it has specific vehicle information like your vin.
Im just trying to figure out if I’m not getting an updated version information because they are incremental patches.
Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today DFF3DDB2-FB53-4E45-BC27-9E043650B550

Whathafuxup

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
don’t post the pic of this because it has specific vehicle information like your vin.
Im just trying to figure out if I’m not getting an updated version information because they are incremental patches.
DFF3DDB2-FB53-4E45-BC27-9E043650B550.jpeg
Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today DFF3DDB2-FB53-4E45-BC27-9E043650B550
Ford F-150 Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today image

same thing as yours mate.
Sponsored