Sponsored

Pro Power onboard detected a ground fault

beyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I got an error that my Pro Power onboard detected a ground fault. I have not used my Pro Power Onboard for at least 10 days. Not sure what would have caused this today.

Went to a few locations today, so vehicle was started and stopped (engine off and back on) a few times - and the error pops up everything I start the truck.

Anyone else experience this? Know how to solve?

2023 Platinum
We did have some snow today but the truck sleeps in the garage at night. Roads were very wet.

Edit - seeing in other forums that it's caused by a wet connector near the rear drivers wheel. Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to fix this?

Ford F-150 Pro Power onboard detected a ground fault PXL_20240107_173500067 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Yes, I have a very long thread on this and the dealer replaced my panel in the bed and it fixed the issue. I can’t give you the link to the thread now but if you search meterman you should easily find it.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I took my outlet panel off to see that kind of grounding setup it had. The panel has a long o-ring around the periphery (actually square) and it has a break in it. The real issue as I reassembled it was keeping it properly aligned in its groove. Note the break in it goes to the bottom, I presume to allow drainage. If yours is somehow out of its groove then water could get in and cause a ground. Before you replace the whole outlet panel give a look see at this o-ring and work over getting it seated properly in its groove. I ended up using a light coat of grease in the groove to keep it stuck to the panel.
Sponsored