Sponsored

Price Holding at Order Date

2021Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Curious if anyone who ordered earlier in the year had a price increase before their truck was picked up to be built. Mine went up $350 on the MSRP. I do have an agreed upon price circled & signed on the print out when I placed the order back in February. I should be picking up the truck next week as it just hit the local train yard so I stopped by the dealership to get an updated trade in. They are including the additional increase in their price. I didn’t have any time to review the sheet in person as I was just checking the value of trade in (still lower than I’d like) & left once I got the print out. I had assumed I was locked in on original pricing due to inputting so early. Obviously this is minor $ but curious how it’s being handled with other forum members.
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Curious if anyone who ordered earlier in the year had a price increase before their truck was picked up to be built. Mine went up $350 on the MSRP. I do have an agreed upon price circled & signed on the print out when I placed the order back in February. I should be picking up the truck next week as it just hit the local train yard so I stopped by the dealership to get an updated trade in. They are including the additional increase in their price. I didn’t have any time to review the sheet in person as I was just checking the value of trade in (still lower than I’d like) & left once I got the print out. I had assumed I was locked in on original pricing due to inputting so early. Obviously this is minor $ but curious how it’s being handled with other forum members.
Pretty sure since you have a signed agreement they can't raise the price on you. Also pretty sure any reputable dealer would honor the agreed upon price signed or not. Once the window sticker has been generated there are absolutely no price increases allowed. Note: These are generally my opinions how it plays out in the real world could be different.

Edit: I ordered in November and my truck was built May 2. I don't know if Ford raise any prices between Nov & May. If I had to guess something probably went up but I did not research for any price increases on the B&P nor did my dealer increase my price,

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I think the price increase went up the second half of the year. If you have a Carvana or Carmax, you can go online and do a quick estimate of what they would give you. Show that to the dealer and see if they will match. If they don’t then sell it to Carvana or Carmax. I sold mine through Carvana and it was pretty painless.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
If it's on paper you're definitely ok. I order mine vocally and have no issues with my dealer. Some are just A-holes.

OP
OP
2021Platinum

2021Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I think the price increase went up the second half of the year. If you have a Carvana or Carmax, you can go online and do a quick estimate of what they would give you. Show that to the dealer and see if they will match. If they don’t then sell it to Carvana or Carmax. I sold mine through Carvana and it was pretty painless.
My build date got pushed multiple times. My window sticker was not created until the last week in June - a week before it was built.

My current truck is 3.5 years old in great condition but has 100K miles. Carvana & Carmax prefer low mileage vehicles. Their offers were$15K less than the dealer. First person came out yesterday to look at it & we have an agreement so I will not be trading in.

Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The base price of my truck went up by about that much between order and delivery. When I ordered it I had a deal in writing which was honored when I took delivery, even though the sticker reflected the price increase. The deal included $1600 in rebates and some had expired. I still got those rebates.
I think if you had a deal in writing it should be honored by the dealership.
I'm glad you are getting your truck!

OP
OP
2021Platinum

2021Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I heard back from the sales guy. He said there’s a form he needs to fill out & submit to Ford for the price protection. All good.
Sponsored