ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, Powerboost Hybrid
Hey Everyone,

So this afternoon my truck wouldn't go into full electric mode, even when stopped in park. After driving a couple of miles to get home the dash gave me the "Service Vehicle Soon" indicator, and then the ford app notified me that I have a "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" fault. The notes indicated that it was A power train or AWD/Four Wheel Drive fault.

I washed the truck in an automated car wash with underbody spray on my way home about 45 minutes before the fault occurred.

I called the local dealer that I purchased the truck from and I'm going to drop it off tomorrow; they are hoping to squeeze it in between existing appointments next week so I appreciate that.

Has anyone else had this fault? I have about 2500 miles and haven't made any modifications to the truck.

Thanks,

Eric
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ConiferEric

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I let the truck sit for 15 minutes then started the truck back up. The “Service Vehicle Soon” message was gone, and there were no other indicators lit up so I took it on a 5 mile drive and everything was great. I think it even drove in full electric mode a little more than normal.

Everything is good now but overall its kind of concerning.

Last edited:

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
I will say as a former ford C-Max Energy owner that had over 100K I put on it. myself with many other owners often got the "wrench of death" Sevice Vehichle Soon message which needed the system rebooted every 7 months or so and no one knew why or when. just an odd Gremlin... Hope they can sort it out on the F-150

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If you don't have the dealer look at it, check connectors for any that are loose or with a o-ring sticking out. I feel like the few others with similar issues that have posted here had one or both, and it was allowing water in.

OP
OP
ConiferEric

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you don't have the dealer look at it, check connectors for any that are loose or with a o-ring sticking out. I feel like the few others with similar issues that have posted here had one or both, and it was allowing water in.
Thanks for the input. I inspected all of the connectors in the engine bay and under the vehicle that I could find and didn’t see any issues. I’ll keep an eye on it and have it inspected when I get my first oil change in 2,000 miles.
Sponsored