First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
2021 F 150 Limited Poowerboost 1250 miles. I was making a u-turn when I went to accelerate it barely moved for like 20 seconds or so then it drove ok for about 3 blocks got the truck washed, then as I restarted the truck got the service vehicle soon, and the little wrench icon. It appeared to be driving fine on the 20 mile trip home.

Ford Pass:
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
The powertrain control system has
detected a fault in the High Voltage system

Off to the dealer Monday
Sponsored

Last edited:

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
2021 F 150 Limited Poowerboost 1250 miles. I was making a u-turn when I went to accelerate it barely moved for like 20 seconds or so then it drove ok for about 3 blocks got the truck washed, then as I restarted the truck got the service vehicle soon, and the little wrench icon. It appeared to be driving fine on the 20 mile trip home.

Ford Pass:
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
The powertrain control system has
detected a fault in the High Voltage system

Off to the dealer Monday
May be a software bug that’s got a patch already. Limp mode is what the truck does to self preserve.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It does sound like “limp mode”. Question is why? At least it’s likely nothing was hurt too bad because limp is designed to help preserve the truck in the event of a failure.

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
May be a software bug that’s got a patch already. Limp mode is what the truck does to self preserve.
Thank you for the input.

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It does sound like “limp mode”. Question is why? At least it’s likely nothing was hurt too bad because limp is designed to help preserve the truck in the event of a failure.
Thanks for the imput

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Update as of today. The dealer called said there was a TSB out but it was not very clear it talks about a whole lot of connectors (wow), said this was going to take a significant amount of work. Said tec would have to remove the driveshaft, fuel tank, and exhaust to access a connector in the High Voltage System. Said they were going to start with that one since they have seen it before on another vehicle. I know this is the first problem I have had (only 1250 miles) but after reading about others I'm getting spooled up in my state's lemon laws.

Dock4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
A similar thing happened to me this morning. Everything was normal, went through an automated car wash, about 10 seconds later I got the alerts:

- Electric fault with the accelerator pedal position sensor
- Powertrain malfunction/reduced power
- Powertrain Control module has detected an electrical concern with the supply voltage for some of powertrain sensors
- Pre-collision assist not avaialable

Powerboost with 8,400 miles

tail_ler

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
This sounds similar to the issue I’ve had with mine. The dealership had it for 8 weeks and ended up giving it back to me unfixed. Apparently Ford hasn’t come up with a fix for this issue yet. I’m currently in talks with Ford on doing a buyback. I’ve submitted my info. Just waiting on their decision now.

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPDATE: Since I got my truck back with no diagnosis I have driven about 200 miles no problem then yesterday I drove from Maryland to Virginia Beach. Went to an automated car wash and it happened again. Both times I got the fault has been after leaving a car wash that sprays the undercarriage. Once it has time to dry the fault goes away have contacted the dealer waiting to see what ford says.

Mxp0w3r25

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Systems Engineer
UPDATE: Since I got my truck back with no diagnosis I have driven about 200 miles no problem then yesterday I drove from Maryland to Virginia Beach. Went to an automated car wash and it happened again. Both times I got the fault has been after leaving a car wash that sprays the undercarriage. Once it has time to dry the fault goes away have contacted the dealer waiting to see what ford says.
Wonder if there is a missing seal around the electrical wiring.

Sponsored

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
I'm at the dealership for the same issues as everyone else. My issues started with a MIL for a TSB. Twice the truck was reflashed and updated, and twice the light came back almost immediately. Then, I also experienced the malfunction with low power and the pre-collision assist not available.

Driving after the pre-collision assist warning was nearly impossible. The hybrid system did not function, the transmission did not want to change gears, and I encountered an significant vibration to where I could not go over 30-35mph. I limped my way back to work and then delivered it to the dealer. I'm on day five of the third dealer trip with no answers yet.

Three dealer visits or 30 days of shop time and Ohio's Lemon Law kicks in. I'm tee'd up and ready to pull the trigger.

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
Update: The dealer has ordered new exhaust components that are backordered until 9/24.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Update: The dealer has ordered new exhaust components that are backordered until 9/24.
When that happens and you are not able to drive your truck safely for another month (theoretically until 9/24 at least), does the lemon law apply? Can you initiate a process or do you have to wait until exhaust components come in to try that option. I wonder how it works.

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
When that happens and you are not able to drive your truck safely for another month (theoretically until 9/24 at least), does the lemon law apply? Can you initiate a process or do you have to wait until exhaust components come in to try that option. I wonder how it works.
I intend to file a Lemon Law complaint on Day 31 if I don't have resolution to display my extreme displeasure with Ford. I think if my dealership is successful in making the repair and I have no further issues, I'll keep the truck. The minute another light comes on, it's back to Ford for them to keep and having the Lemon Law complaint already open should help my case.

OP
OP
Chasinsparks

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPDATE. Picking the truck up from the dealer in the morning after 3 days in the shop. The issue with the powertrain malfunction after going through an automated carwash. I was told not to go through a carwash that sprays the undercarriage. That these trucks were not designed to have that kind of pressure sprayed under them. I had to laugh, I guess Telsa, Toyota, Grand Touring any hybrid can not get an undercarriage wash interesting. I'm drafting my letter to Ford Motor Company for a better answer. Many others have had the same issue after an automated carwash.
Sponsored

Last edited: