Platinum 702A - worst value package?

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I have a $2000 PCO that expires 4/2 and I am about to place an order for a Platinum since I can't find a single one in stock in a 200 mile radius from me. I've decided against the 703A because I dont like the smoked truffle seats so I'm trying to decide 702A or 701A. The 702A package is a $6540 upgrade and appears to only add sunroof, B&O unleashed, and heads up. In other trims the sunroof is a $1495 option. That means that the heads up display and the B&O unleashed are a $5045 upgrade unless I'm missing something. This package just seams really high for what you get.
Sponsored

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
I have a $2000 PCO that expires 4/2 and I am about to place an order for a Platinum since I can't find a single one in stock in a 200 mile radius from me. I've decided against the 703A because I dont like the smoked truffle seats so I'm trying to decide 702A or 701A. The 702A package is a $6540 upgrade and appears to only add sunroof, B&O unleashed, and heads up. In other trims the sunroof is a $1495 option. That means that the heads up display and the B&O unleashed are a $5045 upgrade unless I'm missing something. This package just seams really high for what you get.
KR is the best value. All the extras of a 702A Platinum (HUD, more speakers, sunroof) but at the 701A Platinum cost (minus the 3rd brake light camera for whatever reason).

I went back and forth for weeks trying to decide but just didn’t like the KR look and didn’t want a sunroof, so I went less value and ordered 701A.

Last edited:

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
KR is the best value. All the extras of a 702A Platinum (HUD, more speakers, sunroof) but at the 701A Platinum cost.

I went back and forth for weeks trying to decide but just didn’t like the KR look and didn’t want a sunroof, so I went less value and ordered 701A.
What you said X2!

@KevinP, Look at the King Ranch. It is the exact same thing as the 702A Platinum sans the camera in the 3rd brake light and it costs the same as a 701A Platinum. If you can handle the brown seats (I like them) and the two-tone paint (I like it), then call Chip at Granger and order one now! I ordered mine from them and it was probably the fastest built King Ranches to hit the dealerships (I just haven't picked it up yet but that's on me not them). Ordering from Granger, I saved nearly $10K plus my $2k PCO.

The only reason why anyone wouldn't do this is if you hate money. If that is the case, PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send me some. Seriously, call Chip.

jp1450

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 King Ranch PB / 2013 F150 King Ranch EB
Occupation
Retired
What you said X2!

@KevinP, Look at the King Ranch. It is the exact same thing as the 702A Platinum sans the camera in the 3rd brake light and it costs the same as a 701A Platinum. If you can handle the brown seats (I like them) and the two-tone paint (I like it), then call Chip at Granger and order one now! I ordered mine from them and it was probably the fastest built King Ranches to hit the dealerships (I just haven't picked it up yet but that's on me not them). Ordering from Granger, I saved nearly $10K plus my $2k PCO.

The only reason why anyone wouldn't do this is if you hate money. If that is the case, PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send me some. Seriously, call Chip.

Without getting long-winded.... ditto to this, for sure.

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
So I ordered a 702A for a couple of reasons. With 702A you get CCD, B&O unleashed, pano sunroof, and HUD. I also got the 22" wheels. King Ranchers correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can get a non two-tone King Ranch in MY 24. Lastly, I know many people love the King Ranch interior, I am not one of them. The Platinum seats are basically unchanged from my 2021 except for the color stitching and I am so glad, I love those seats.
My personal opinion, if you're getting up in the $80k+ range for a half ton you better get what you want without much, if any, compromise.

Sponsored

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
So I ordered a 702A for a couple of reasons. With 702A you get CCD, B&O unleashed, pano sunroof, and HUD. I also got the 22" wheels. King Ranchers correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can get a non two-tone King Ranch in MY 24. Lastly, I know many people love the King Ranch interior, I am not one of them. The Platinum seats are basically unchanged from my 2021 except for the color stitching and I am so glad, I love those seats.
My personal opinion, if you're getting up in the $80k+ range for a half ton you better get what you want without much, if any, compromise.
I don't disagree with any of that. You should get what you want and if you don't like the brown seats or the two-tone paint (which is mandatory now in 2024), then don't buy it. I was speaking mainly to the "value" part. All of the things you listed for your $6,540.00 702A package option comes standard on a King Ranch. As for the 22" wheels, I got those too on my King Ranch except mine are the same as the 703A wheels and not black...because the King Ranch isn't a BAP truck.
If you don't like it, you don't like it but it is the better "value".

I am curious why neither the King Ranch nor the Platinum (of any level) can't have dual exhaust with the tips exiting the rear bumper but a Lariat and XLT can?

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
I have to admit, I’m definitely jealous of the HUD. I think that’s a really cool feature I’m going to miss out on, but I decided it wasn’t worth the $6500 when I didn’t want the other options that came with it.

This is also part of the downfall of more “packaged options” and less al a carte choices.

I don't disagree with any of that. You should get what you want and if you don't like the brown seats or the two-tone paint (which is mandatory now in 2024), then don't buy it. I was speaking mainly to the "value" part. All of the things you listed for your $6,540.00 702A package option comes standard on a King Ranch. As for the 22" wheels, I got those too on my King Ranch except mine are the same as the 703A wheels and not black...because the King Ranch isn't a BAP truck.

I am curious why neither the King Ranch nor the Platinum (of any level) can't have dual exhaust with the tips exiting the rear bumper but a Lariat and XLT can?
I also don’t understand this. The Platinum is basically a standard equipment BAP except the exhaust. Even all the Limited trucks of the past had the duals. Not a dealbreaker for most, but definitely doesn’t add up.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
King Ranch seats are all leather
Vice plats with leather seating surfaces
Plus my kr smells like leather and saddles
I have everything the plat does for my 22

Except a funny badge on tye center console 🤣🤣 and 22 inch wheels

Imo. 2 tone is needed on such big slab sides to break up the billboard
But it's all personal choice..

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Last edited:

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor

I agree with your perspective, I wasn't trying to argue the value of the differences in the two trims, my apologies. I'll try to better clarify... Bluntly, I don't understand questioning the "value" of anything up in those trim levels. Obviously we don't want to pay for things we don't want or pay extra for a trim when you could get everything you want in a different trim, I get all that. The value thing is funny to me simply because these are $75k+ starting price half ton trucks. In my opinion, those of us who own these higher trims are all nuts, from a value perspective. Myself included. I was simply pointing out that if you are going to spend that much for a half ton truck then I believe it's more about what you actually like/want versus what's the better value. For example, I want painted everything, no polished, no chrome, so the value of those things is more important to me than the value I'm getting for the money, if that makes sense. Sorry for the long winded explanation. And agreed on the dual exhaust, that's something I wish they'd put on the KR and Platty.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I agree with your perspective, I wasn't trying to argue the value of the differences in the two trims, my apologies. I'll try to better clarify... Bluntly, I don't understand questioning the "value" of anything up in those trim levels. Obviously we don't want to pay for things we don't want or pay extra for a trim when you could get everything you want in a different trim, I get all that. The value thing is funny to me simply because these are $75k+ starting price half ton trucks. In my opinion, those of us who own these higher trims are all nuts, from a value perspective. Myself included. I was simply pointing out that if you are going to spend that much for a half ton truck then I believe it's more about what you actually like/want versus what's the better value. For example, I want painted everything, no polished, no chrome, so the value of those things is more important to me than the value I'm getting for the money, if that makes sense. Sorry for the long winded explanation. And agreed on the dual exhaust, that's something I wish they'd put on the KR and Platty.
Got it. You are on point

For me the value added is also comfort on my old body. Long drives are less of a pain
Massage seats, are my love in my truck
I would be fine with no pano roof.

I really like that I am able to comfortably afford the truck
When we had kids at home etc. I never woukd have splurged on this truck

OP
OP

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
What are you doing looking for Platinum's?
(Edit. That came out wrong. I mean, How are you searching for them?)
Cars.com, cargurus.com, Carfax.com.
I know you said 200 miles near you but I just found a couple of Platinum and sent them to @crazywayne311 the other day. One of them had 68 miles on it.

What is your Zip?
I'm looking for 2024 PowerBoost 701A or 702A. Im near Houston TX and I can't find a single one around that is actually on the dealer lot.

OP
OP

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
KR is the best value. All the extras of a 702A Platinum (HUD, more speakers, sunroof) but at the 701A Platinum cost (minus the 3rd brake light camera for whatever reason).
I agree KR is the best value, I'm just not a fan of the two tone and I'm willing to pay more for the platinum. I guess the point of my post is I just dont get how or why Ford priced the 702A package the way they did when comparing other trims.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I'm looking for 2024 PowerBoost 701A or 702A. Im near Houston TX and I can't find a single one around that is actually on the dealer lot.
Ooooh I thought you said 2023 with a Certified PreOwned and since you couldn't find that, you thought about ordering a 24.
Yah 24s are still slim to none

There are a bunch of XLs and XLTs on ebay.
I've only seen one Lariat and it's advertising the cargo access tailgate.

Last edited:

gh8toes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2024 King Ranch on order
Occupation
retired
I normally order a Platinum, but when I spec'd out a '24 and saw that it cost $6,500+ to add the sunroof, I switched to the KR for the first time. Except for the bed camera, it is identical to the 702A except for the Two-tone paint and cowboy interior. I'm not a fan of either, but for $6,500 I'll let it grow on me, if a car hauler finally gets around to picking up my build. I t has been sitting waiting for a week now. The specifications for the Platinum don't list that bed camera as part of the 360 package, but seeing some builds now, the Platinums have it and the KRs don't. I wonder if that camera is on all Platinums, or is unique to one of the trim level options, haven't seen a picture of a 701A platinum. You used to be able to delete the two-tone paint, but Ford took that option away for '24. You would think that would be a cost savings for them? No idea why Ford priced the Platinum that way, originally I thought it was a mistake, but I guess not, as they continue the price differential. My dealer said that all his other sales managers were ordering KRs this year because of the price difference. And I'm in Michigan, where KRs are few and far between. Will be interesting to see if there will be more KRs driving around the area this year. If you don't want a sunroof, then go with the Platinum.
Sponsored