OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Looks like I'm getting some great suggestions. Thanks, everyone!
Sponsored

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I read somewhere that black shoe polish works. I don't know, nor have I tried it yet. I seen these white spots and streaks. All the cleaning in the world won't remove them. It is like the pigment is gone. Black shoe polish might stain the plastic black and offer a temporary protection. It can't hurt. It won't be permanent. One probably has some black polish in a drawer. It could be worth a very economical try.

OP
OP

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
FWIW I tried using a black Sharpie and - surprise! - it actually shows as a dark brown when next to the black plastic.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
My 2021 F150 uses a fair bit of (some kind of) plastic, especially trimming out the top of the bed sides, the frontal area, and here and there elsewhere. White splotches appear randomly on these pieces and the few products I've tried don't work well. I'd welcome suggestions on how to keep the 'black pieces black'. Things for sharing your experiences.
I get white splotches on the black trim around the antenna and wipers, and below the windshield.

Ford seems to have switched to lower quality plastic because my previous 150s never had this issue.
Sponsored