• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Communication?

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Am I the only one that isn't getting any communication whatsoever on their preorder? I put mine in minutes after the launch event and according to the tracker sheet, I'm in the first 16,000 reservations but haven't heard anything from my dealer nor Ford about my reservation. I also tried to preorder the Maverick several times but never heard anything even though I tried to reserve it with several local dealers. Not as concerned about the Maverick, but really losing hope at the lack of hearing anything about my Lightning reservation.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
I reserved during the reveal, got an email thanking me for my reservation about a month and a half ago and that’s it. Also since I’m in Canada, no Lightning events to attend and see them in person or go for a ride like the ones that have been going on in the states.

Not totally thrilled about the total lack of communication.

OP
OP
LightningJoe

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I reserved during the reveal, got an email thanking me for my reservation about a month and a half ago and that’s it. Also since I’m in Canada, no Lightning events to attend and see them in person or go for a ride like the ones that have been going on in the states.

Not totally thrilled about the total lack of communication.
Same. I’m in the US but haven’t heard anything. I even checked and I’ve subscribed to their emails and verified five times since to ensure I hadn’t opted-out by accident or something. But then I go on here or Reddit or Twitter and see all these reservation holders have received communications from Ford while I haven’t and it’s concerning. :/

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Same. I’m in the US but haven’t heard anything. I even checked and I’ve subscribed to their emails and verified five times since to ensure I hadn’t opted-out by accident or something. But then I go on here or Reddit or Twitter and see all these reservation holders have received communications from Ford while I haven’t and it’s concerning. :/
The only communication from Ford has been the original confirmation email. I also received an email from my dealer right away and there has not been any official information since. You have not missed anything as very little has been released by Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningJoe

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Sadly, that makes me feel better. I’ve just seen articles like the one below noting reservation holders have been receiving communications about December orders:

https://insideevs.com/news/542640/ford-f150-lightning-ordering-postponed/
Most of those emails have been from dealers that technically jumped the gun and/or misunderstood the limited communications they received from Ford. While it is really hard to be patient all we can do is wait (and speculate on rumors) until Ford does actually release more information. Don't worry, you will not miss out on ordering, Ford will let you know even if your dealer does not (which may be an indication to shop for a new dealer).

OP
OP
LightningJoe

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Most of those emails have been from dealers that technically jumped the gun and/or misunderstood the limited communications they received from Ford. While it is really hard to be patient all we can do is wait (and speculate on rumors) until Ford does actually release more information. Don't worry, you will not miss out on ordering, Ford will let you know even if your dealer does not (which may be an indication to shop for a new dealer).
Appreciate it, thanks!!!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Ditto here. It was the same after reserving the Mustang Mach E. Ford hasn't even bothered to tell reservation holders about the Lightning livestreams.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
It almost seems like they didn't hire someone under 40 in their marketing department. They need to learn how to connect with current and prospective customers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer

rtw819

First Name
Todd