Sponsored

No Buyback option in USA with truck originally from Canada?

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
After a run of 70+ days in the shop and serious issue after serious issue in the year I’ve owned my truck, I was exploring a possible buyback through Ford Customer Care on my 2021 F-150. I bought my truck in Washington State, truck is registered in Ca, but it’s originally from Canada. Today I was told by US Ford Customer Care that because the truck came from Canada, that it doesn’t qualify for a buyback—has anyone found this to be true? Anyone have any additional info they can share? If so, it’d be greatly appreciated. I’m not committed to a buyback, just exploring my options. I called Ford Canada and they said they can’t help either. I tried searching but didn’t find much.

For reference, my issues include bad phasers (and replacement phasers are starting to make a bunch of noise again now too), replaced the rear shackles, u-bolts and hardware, replaced rear gear set, bad ime, tire wore through front brake line and speed sensor, leaking front pinion, loud stereo pop and bang that blew out some speakers, bad headlight switch, front retracting air dam broke, bad door seals on all four corners, and a handful of other things.

I love driving this truck, but it’s been challenging going without it for so many days (months) during my ownership, as unfortunately my father was diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s and getting him to and from appointments at the VA and caring for him has been beyond challenging without a reliable vehicle—right when I get it back and am happy again, something else lays it up again.
Sponsored

Last edited: