My F-150 build

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
zero offset wheels it barely rubs at full lock. Not enough to be annoying.
Had me a little nervous with the full lock rub with the 285/75/17s then I saw yours is 2WD…what motor? And what kind of lift do you have in the front at that point? Wanted pro truck lift way before I bought the truck, and then saw you guys didn’t approve them on your 21s. So then I had your stage 2 coilover kit on preorder to ship around the 19th, but got impatient and saw the Icons stage 2 pkg came in stock. Bought those mainly because I was gonna get UCAs in the kit. Truck is 21 XLT 3.5eco with trailer tow pkg and FX4. Ended up going with 285/70/17 and I am regretting it (just seems too small for my liking). Now debating on 285/75/17 or 305/70/17. My rake is currently 0.5” taller in the rear so I believe I have my coilovers at around 2.5” level. The icons recommend a max 2” shown thread adjustment, but I don’t know what that translates to in actual lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
At this point I'm not really sure where the truck sits anymore as far as lift since i have made so many changes since first installing the kit. The rubbing is so minimal for me I barely notice it and if you want to cut the crash bars that would definitely completely eliminate it. The truck right now sits pretty level but I obviously have the camper shell and I do have a 1" block in the back to help bring the rear back up. I believe I'm still closer to 2.75" of lift though.

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
Update:

After speaking with Icon the max thread setting on their instructions are incorrect. The max thread showing setting is actually 2.5” to give you lift of 2.75”. They come in the box at 0.8” of threads showing which equates to 1.75” of lift. I’m currently set at 2” of shown threads which is around 2.125” of lift. No wonder my 35s wouldn’t fit SMH.

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Update:

After speaking with Icon the max thread setting on their instructions are incorrect. The max thread showing setting is actually 2.5” to give you lift of 2.75”. They come in the box at 0.8” of threads showing which equates to 1.75” of lift. I’m currently set at 2” of shown threads which is around 2.125” of lift. No wonder my 35s wouldn’t fit SMH.
Haha yeah that would make a difference. For the 2021 4wd models we were able to get about 3" of lift at full high on our coilover. The new trucks tend to have more rake than before. I do know its hard to clear 35s without cutting the crash bars on the previous gens and I'm sure its the same here. Offset is also very important to get no rubbing. UCAs may potentially help as well if they add a bit of caster in the right direction. One thing to think about though is even if you lift the truck higher it will still technically rub under the right amount of compression just maybe not in your day to day situations.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
I just put these on my 2021 Plat FX4 and put fox 2.5s in the rear. Had a lot of squeaking at first from either the tubular UCAs or the springs. Went back to the shop and raised the lift another 1/2” plus lubed the s$&@ out of the UCA bushings and delta joint. The extra grease didn’t get rid of the horrible noise but lifting it eliminated every drop of noise. I still have another 1/4” to go until I have 2” of threads showing which is what Icon told me was the max. I’d like to go a little more. After reading this I am going to call again on Monday and double check with them. The ride is awesome. Takes everything I give it with a smile and ease. The handling is improved as well. I’ll update after I talk with icon and adjust more.

Sponsored

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
I just put these on my 2021 Plat FX4 and put fox 2.5s in the rear. Had a lot of squeaking at first from either the tubular UCAs or the springs. Went back to the shop and raised the lift another 1/2” plus lubed the s$&@ out of the UCA bushings and delta joint. The extra grease didn’t get rid of the horrible noise but lifting it eliminated every drop of noise. I still have another 1/4” to go until I have 2” of threads showing which is what Icon told me was the max. I’d like to go a little more. After reading this I am going to call again on Monday and double check with them. The ride is awesome. Takes everything I give it with a smile and ease. The handling is improved as well. I’ll update after I talk with icon and adjust more.
Ford F-150 My F-150 build C3C5C4FE-F9B4-40AC-AEB2-D2D7494D5487

Ford F-150 My F-150 build F89443FF-F63C-4095-90EA-498DFCE19FE3

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Yeah looks like they just have instructions that need to be updated. Basically if you go past the 2.5" of threads showing the spring can block out and break. Many manufactures provide additional threads on coilovers in case you want to change spring rates for additional weight but you always have to make sure you aren't blocking out the springs.

PABamaFan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 Towing w long bed
I sent them an email as well so I have something in writing just in case there is a problem later on and they say it's not covered under warranty because I exceeded 2". Then I called them on the phone to verify for myself. Justin from Icon did confirm that there is a typo and I showed him where it is on the instructions. He said that for the 4WD version the max exposed thread is 2.5" not the 2" printed on the sheet. For the 2WD version it is only 2". When I called in before putting them on to verify the same info I was also told 2". Justin said they must have been looking at the 2WD and not the 4WD and he again confirmed the 2.5". I bought one of the Icon spanner wrenches. They don't have good reviews so I will be gentle LOL. Time to give a little more lift.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Where you able to get your truck properly aligned after install on your 2wd. If not did you install caster/ camber bolts?

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
We did align the truck after install. I don't think the caster was quite in spec as you can't really align them without the bolts. And they weren't in stock at the moment. For the Fords if you don't get the alignment bolts we generally just fix tow and the caster and camber generally aren't too far out to be of concern.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
We did align the truck after install. I don't think the caster was quite in spec as you can't really align them without the bolts. And they weren't in stock at the moment. For the Fords if you don't get the alignment bolts we generally just fix tow and the caster and camber generally aren't too far out to be of concern.
Hey Matthew, Do you mean these: https://eibach.com/us/2556/5.86250K-FORD-F-150-pro-alignment

Are these good to have if you're only leveling the front 2" or a little less?

Also, after a lot of positive reviews/research about Eibach and this kit specifically: https://eibach.com/us/2556/E86-35-035-01-22-FORD-F-150-pro-truck-coilover-stage-2

Can you confirm this kit is available?

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Hey Matthew, Do you mean these: https://eibach.com/us/2556/5.86250K-FORD-F-150-pro-alignment

Are these good to have if you're only leveling the front 2" or a little less?

Also, after a lot of positive reviews/research about Eibach and this kit specifically: https://eibach.com/us/2556/E86-35-035-01-22-FORD-F-150-pro-truck-coilover-stage-2

Can you confirm this kit is available?
Yes that is the alignment kit. It is good to have regardless of the amount of lift since the bolts for aligning the truck are just slots making it near impossible to adjust properly. Without those you can really only fix the toe. Unfortunately we can never get enough to keep them in stock for long. We have an order for them now but they aren't due until May.

Yes that kit is currently in stock and would probably ship a day or 2 after your order is placed

NJC311

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F150 FX4 Sport
Occupation
Insurance Agent
No worries! Yes, the coilover kit you have on order does work for the 21 F-150 4wd. I went out to our production shop and found the parts and where we are at to complete these. The tubes are being finished likely tomorrow and the piston rods are assembled and ready. Next they will go to filling to be filled with oil and nitrogen and the get the springs and all the finishing parts on. I would say these should hit stock at the beginning of next month. I've also included a photo of the final heights of the test truck we used with the coilover installed.

I know its frustrating waiting but we have been dealing with the same shortages everyone else has and some of our kits are backordered so far that as soon as parts get made they will ship out and go right back out of stock. That kit specifically we currently have 45 backorders so not that bad but other kits have hundreds backordered.

Hope this helps!

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg
I really like the setup and stance of your test truck shown in the picture you provided. Can you tell me if the test truck is a FX4 package or just a regular 4x4? What setting is the coilovers set to to get the lift height? Do you know what the measurements came out to from ground to top of wheel wells?

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I really like the setup and stance of your test truck shown in the picture you provided. Can you tell me if the test truck is a FX4 package or just a regular 4x4? What setting is the coilovers set to to get the lift height? Do you know what the measurements came out to from ground to top of wheel wells?
My truck is actually a 2wd. However both 4x4 and fx4 have been tested and there is no height difference. There is only a slight difference in the shock valving from the factory.
Sponsored