Musings on Southern Snow and Trucks

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
East Tennessee and other parts of the South have had what the local weather guessers like to call a "Snow Event". We get these freaks of nature every 10 to 12 years. After the events 4x4 sales are up and they get traded in or sold off in a few years because "I don't need a 4WD". Well it is upon us once again and local social media was ablaze last weekend with "if you know what you're doing you don't need 4WD!" well 6 to 8" of snow and a topping of ice later they are slid off in the ditch or can't get out of their driveways. There are several FWD vehicles getting out and about with the 4WDs.

Like I told my sister when her husband bought a 2022 2WD and said he didn't need 4WD "you don't buy a 4WD because you need it, you buy one for when you need it.".
Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Hopefully you guys dont have half lifts nose high trucks like they do in the Carolinas.
Yeah I know i'm from Chinafornia where we have our own issues . Jokes on me :unsure: :confused:

OP
OP
Spiffers

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
There are more than a few jack up 3/4 tons on the roads around here.

Chappy133

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired US Army
Living north of the Mason - Dixon line with a steep driveway I need 4x4. Also need to get the the fire station when the calls come in. Having spent some time down south as a Yankee it is always exciting driving during a Southern snow storm. Visited friends @ Ocoee River area. East Tennessee is a beautiful place!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spiffers

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Down here in South Florida we NEED 4x4, just waiting for the freak snowstorm!
That's what we've had this passed week.

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
Hopefully you guys dont have half lifts nose high trucks like they do in the Carolinas.
Yeah I know i'm from Chinafornia where we have our own issues . Jokes on me :unsure: :confused:
CHIIII-NA!!!
Sponsored