Sponsored

Multiple failures when using navigation in 301A Mid and navigation cancelled because of trailer.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I have only been using my truck locally, so haven't had much opportunity to use the navigation. However, the last two times I have used it, the navigation has failed.

The first time, I was able to get it to turn back on by resetting it, holding the power button and the back button on the stereo controls. Which was a good thing, since I didn't know where I was going.

Yesterday, the navigation first cancelled itself and said "Route unsafe for trailer," or something similar, which is odd since it was just regular city streets I was on with no construction, bridges or underpasses or anything. I could have been driving a double decker bus without issue and it was definitely no problem for the 700lb 8'X5' trailer I was towing. I was able to input my destination again after putting my truck in park when I hit a red light and then halfway to my destination the map disappeared and was replaced with a small compass image. When I tried to get the map back after arriving at the destination, the navigation screen said the same thing the first time it failed over a month ago, saying "Please see your dealer for service." I didn't bother resetting it but when I keyed the truck back on, it was back to normal.

Wondering if there are any TSBs or anyone else dealing with navigation gremlins.

Thanks!

Ford F-150 Multiple failures when using navigation in 301A Mid and navigation cancelled because of trailer. 2AC472FE-E64D-4072-918C-47B17F207F56

Ford F-150 Multiple failures when using navigation in 301A Mid and navigation cancelled because of trailer. 7D90E95F-3446-40FC-88F2-49CC8DCE489E
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have only been using my truck locally, so haven't had much opportunity to use the navigation. However, the last two times I have used it, the navigation has failed.

The first time, I was able to get it to turn back on by resetting it, holding the power button and the back button on the stereo controls. Which was a good thing, since I didn't know where I was going.

Yesterday, the navigation first cancelled itself and said "Route unsafe for trailer," or something similar, which is odd since it was just regular city streets I was on with no construction, bridges or underpasses or anything. I could have been driving a double decker bus without issue and it was definitely no problem for the 700lb 8'X5' trailer I was towing. I was able to input my destination again after putting my truck in park when I hit a red light and then halfway to my destination the map disappeared and was replaced with a small compass image. When I tried to get the map back after arriving at the destination, the navigation screen said the same thing the first time it failed over a month ago, saying "Please see your dealer for service." I didn't bother resetting it but when I keyed the truck back on, it was back to normal.

Wondering if there are any TSBs or anyone else dealing with navigation gremlins.

Thanks!

2AC472FE-E64D-4072-918C-47B17F207F56.jpeg

7D90E95F-3446-40FC-88F2-49CC8DCE489E.jpeg
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this navigation issue. Thanks!